• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 Hemi car supplement

gtx6970

Local time
2:11 AM
Reaction score
Are these 2 one and the same, just different cover ?

Or is the only difference Dodge versus Plymouth

HP2A.jpg

hp2b.jpg

versus

Good question, can't say I have a definitive answer. The lower pic looks like the 1 or 2 page bulletins sent to dealers when something new was coming or there was a change or clarification. "Manual" indicates many pages related to servicing (FSM), obviously, but I would think the Hemi was covered in the "regular" FSM for the '66 cars. Chrysler had already done the public-road testing, even loaned it to at least 1 magazine writer, like Ray Brock maybe, installed in a '65 Coronet. But whether that orange-cover manual is a compilation of the bulletins, you'd have to ask the seller - or better, know of an original. On the bulletins, seems logical that Dodge dealers got a Dodge letterhead vs Plymouth, as redundant an effort as that would be...Chrysler Corp would have covered every dealer with one letterhead.

I have the upper one. Haven’t counted the pages but probably somewhere around 30 to 40 pages. i assumed the bottom was just Dodges version of the top one but that may be wrong. There’s nothing in the regular FSM for 1966 on the Hemi, but in the 67 it’s covered like all the other engines.

Interesting. So is the upper one formatted like the FSM, or is it a compilation of bulletins ?

I think i may order both the Supplements and compare notes between the 2.
Their cheap enough...i think i will survive

Yes, formated like FSM. But it only has sections (abbreviated) that cover the Hemi engine particulars, Dana axle, some electrical, maybe another section or two. Most of them are only a couple pages long, the engine part maybe 10 or 12 from memory. It’s out in the garage and not at my fingertips.

Well
I bought both version for the 1966 belvedere hemi
will see how they compare once here

UPDATE.

Other than the one has a fancy red cover.

The 2 manuals are the exact same inside.

Auto Transport Service
Back