• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 hemi satellite

I've been following the comments on bat. I asked about the inner fender tag and build sheet. Neither are available. There is a hole in the oil pan also and so far the seller has not answered if the motor is locked up or not. Someone is going to overpay for a car once restored will struggle to bring 65k

One of approximately 50 HP2 badged cars... someone will pay stupid money. That said, no fender tag, no broadcast sheet won't help the cause.

A #1 '66 Hemi Satellite 4 gear is currently valued at $196K Cdn by Hagerty. A #2 = $156K Cdn.

One of approximately 50 HP2 badged cars... someone will pay stupid money. That said, no fender tag, no broadcast sheet won't help the cause.

A #1 '66 Hemi Satellite 4 gear is currently valued at $196K Cdn by Hagerty. A #2 = $156K Cdn.

I would not restore that, just make it safe, new interior, make it running (if able). But it will get out of hand in price soon enough.

Here's the current valuation... Canadian dollars. I have mine insured for $170K

CURRENT & HISTORICAL VALUES

View current vehicle values and see how they’ve changed over time in a 3-year, 5-year and to-date intervals. Compare these values to other vehicles and benchmark financial indices.

Current Values​

• #1 Concours$196,000
    Condition #1 vehicles are the best in the world. The visual image is of the best vehicle, in the right colors, driving onto the lawn at the finest concours. Perfectly clean, the vehicle has been groomed down to the tire treads. Painted and chromed surfaces are mirror-like. Dust and dirt are banned, and materials used are correct and superbly fitted. The one word description for #1 vehicles is "concours."
  • #2 Excellent$157,000
  • #3 Good$127,000
  • #4 Fair$65,600

I would stash that in the back 40. And sit on it. And maybe some day restore it. :).

Smells fishy...Someone went to a good bit of trouble to try and pretty up the hemi, and maybe even the sides of the car have been painted?, buffed and patina(d) in an effort to make it look like something it's not.... That car sat up to its ears in something nasty for a lot of years. I'd say the seller or another previous owner is damn dishonest and I'd be very, very careful. Just my two cents of course, but even BAT had a hard time describing that poor neglected turd.

It really doesn't look that bad to me - frame rails look good. The engine is suspiciously clean though, like it's been re-painted recently? Doesn't seem to fit the rest of the car. If you only wanted to make it into a driver quality car, could do the work yourself over a few years and could get it for $30-$35k it might be worth it.

999 VIN numbers after mine. Looks like she sat in the mud for a long time..

...did they use round head VIN tag rivets in '66 or scalped??

View current vehicle values and see how they’ve changed over time in a 3-year, 5-year and to-date intervals. Compare these values to other vehicles and benchmark financial indices.

Current Values​

• #1 Concours$196,000
    Condition #1 vehicles are the best in the world. The visual image is of the best vehicle, in the right colors, driving onto the lawn at the finest concours. Perfectly clean, the vehicle has been groomed down to the tire treads. Painted and chromed surfaces are mirror-like. Dust and dirt are banned, and materials used are correct and superbly fitted. The one word description for #1 vehicles is "concours."
  • #2 Excellent$157,000
  • #3 Good$127,000
  • #4 Fair$N

Current Values​

• #1 Concours$196,000
  • #2 Excellent$157,000
  • #3 Good$127,000
  • #4 Fair$65,600
I like those numbers, makes my 66 Hemi $$$$

6ACB922E-225D-465B-9104-032CB0E3DA79.jpeg

Why does these pics go upside down?!

were those value numbers for HP2 cars? Those were Canadian dollars I believe.
As I stated in both posts... yes Canadian dollars. Hagerty doesn't break down HP2 value seperately (maybe they don't know they exist either!)... that is just their valuation for 426 hemi dual quad cars...hell they don't even show 10% more for 4 speed like most cars.

Are your VIN tag rivets round head or scalped ??

If it’s in Milford, it’s about 20 minutes from me. Should I ask to go take a look?

Good post dadsbee...yeah, those car a Super Rare, at that time, nothing was sacred, many have replacement motors
Truly a Landmark car.
IF..."IF" I owned a body shop or had unlimited type cash, I'd pay more than $20K for it.

Auto Transport Service
Back