• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 Plymouth Fury iii

Rascal

Local time
4:03 AM
Reaction score
I have a 1966 Fury with a 1969 383 engine I need to change the kick down linkage so that the transmission will shift properly could someone tell me what years linkage will work with this engine. I am new to Mopar cars

thanks
Rascal

I have a 1966 Fury with a 1969 383 engine I need to change the kick down linkage so that the transmission will shift properly could someone tell me what years linkage will work with this engine. I am new to Mopar cars

thanks
Rascal
It has nothing to do with the year of the engine. Does it have any linkage on it now? Is the tranny a 727? Is it an older style cable shift tranny or push button style? Some tranny's wouldn't drop down until you mash the pedal to the floor rather than "shift on demand" A picture of what you have would help in identifying what you do have and what you don't. Easiest solution is to install a cable which in my opinion looks much cleaner than a mess of rods and a bell crank. Bouchillon sells the easiest one to install.

It has nothing to do with the year of the engine. Does it have any linkage on it now? Is the tranny a 727? Is it an older style cable shift tranny or push button style? Some tranny's wouldn't drop down until you mash the pedal to the floor rather than "shift on demand" A picture of what you have would help in identifying what you do have and what you don't. Easiest solution is to install a cable which in my opinion looks much cleaner than a mess of rods and a bell crank. Bouchillon sells the easiest one to install.
Thanks for the reply I found them on the internet I will contact them the first of next week

Auto Transport Service
Back