• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 Plymouth steering wheel horn ring center ??

gtx6970

Local time
8:46 AM
Reaction score
Those that have the full horn ring. Can you tell me if the red center cap is the same versus the ones with a partial ring.

I picked up an NOS horn ring for my car at the Spring Fling ( same exact partial ring like my car.)
But it has the wrong center cap In it.

Ive found an NOS red center ornament on Ebay but seller states its for the full ring only.

1965 1966 Plymouth Steering Wheel MEDALLION NOS MoPar Belvedere Satellite Fury | eBay?

Last edited:
My horn ring is just like this one.
1681995361228.png

The full ring has nothing to do with the center cap, it just completes the outer circle. The actual cap itself should be the same. You will have to remove the plastic center from your cap and install this plastic insert. A picture of your cap should help.

My horn ring is just like this one.
View attachment 1453093
The full ring has nothing to do with the center cap, it just completes the outer circle. The actual cap itself should be the same. You will have to remove the plastic center from your cap and install this plastic insert. A picture of your cap should help.
My car has this exact same partial ring.

The ebay seller days the center ornament he has is for the full ring only.

So am trying to find out if this center will work in mine

No....looks like he's right. They are different. Here's the full ring style, part # 2530965;

https://greatlakesmoparnos.com/shop/model/belvedere/1966-plymouth-fury-belvedere-steering-wheel-horn-cap-emblem-2530965/

The one you need is part # 25305253.

Now, that being said, those two parts are called the "Ornament, horn" in the parts books. The little red plastic insert with the plymouth marque on it, is not a separate service part and never has been as far as I know. So, both ornaments may very well use the same insert.... I don't know.

Last edited:
No....looks like he's right. They are different. Here's the full ring style, part # 2530965;

https://greatlakesmoparnos.com/shop/model/belvedere/1966-plymouth-fury-belvedere-steering-wheel-horn-cap-emblem-2530965/

The one you need is part # 25305253.

Now, that being said, those two parts are called the "Ornament, horn" in the parts books. The little red plastic insert with the plymouth marque on it, is not a separate service part and never has been as far as I know. So, both ornaments may very well use the same insert.... I don't know.
Thats what Im trying to find out if the red plastic center cap is the same piece between the 2 horn rings

On the back side of my ring the center cap is held with 3 smashed down rivets where the metal is mushroomed over. I can grind them off and drill them to thread screws in to put it back on. But dont want to remove it if the center cap is different. I am hoping someone had a full ring off with a picture to see if its the same as my partial ring

On the full horn rings the red center cap is not part of the full horn ring itself. They have a separate chrome horn button with the red emblem inside of the chrome horn button and I have an NOS one of those available.

Just an update. the NOS center cap fits perfect in my partial ring

20230512_155835.jpg

20230512_155831.jpg

That definitely looks great on your car, but I wasn't talking about the half circle horn ring like you have on your car. I was talking about the 1965 and 1966 optional higher upgrade to the full circle chrome horn ring and they definitely take a separate chrome horn button that has the same plastic Plymouth center emblem as the half horn ring does.

Auto Transport Service
Back