• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 Satellite Bumperettes

415Satellite66

Local time
1:32 AM
Reaction score
Not sure if all the Satellites or Belvedere came with these bumperettes. Any help would be great.

IMG_1328.JPG IMG_1333.JPG

I believe they were optional. My Satellite had them on the original front bumper. That bumper was replaced when the car was new due to an incident, and the replacement bumper doesn't have them. My rear bumper doesn't have them. There's no mention of them on the window sticker. I'd have to check the decode on my IBM card to see if there was any mention of them on that. I haven't found a build sheet for my car so far.

Some of the other guys with '66s will hopefully chime in. Seems to be a bunch of them popping up on here lately.

I believe they were optional. My Satellite had them on the original front bumper. That bumper was replaced when the car was new due to an incident, and the replacement bumper doesn't have them. My rear bumper doesn't have them. There's no mention of them on the window sticker. I'd have to check the decode on my IBM card to see if there was any mention of them on that. I haven't found a build sheet for my car so far.

Some of the other guys with '66s will hopefully chime in. Seems to be a bunch of them popping up on here lately.
Thanks for the Information regarding the Bumperettes

Option on 66 & 67 B bodies Plymouth and Dodge are different.
IMG_8682.jpg
20191113_131456.jpg
20190903_202130.jpg

Wonder if someone added the Belvedere II trim? RP is Satellite code.

Its a mystery to me. Had someone at the mall one day ask me that. Did you add the Belvedere trim. Or was it a Belvedere with Satellite badge added

Yes, convertibles are St. Louis cars. Seventh digit in the VIN is the assembly plant St.Louis is number 7.

Last edited:
I have a 66 Satellite convertible, Has the front ones but not the back ones. Does anyone make repops?

No repops, last set of rears Nos on ebay $500+. Single ones $225 but seen only a couple and I've been watch 10 years. Could've missed? Does your bumper have holes? Do you have build sheet? Right hand side near the top is a box number 48 mine has a number 3 in the box I have front and rear guards. Box says bumper guards front and/or rear. Maybe you could get only fronts and no rears or vica versa?

If your rear bumpers doesn’t have a series of 6 holes on each side then it isn’t prepped for the rubber bumperettes. I suspect you could order the front, or front and rear as options, but not sure.

correction. - 5 holes per side.

Last edited:
Was wondering, my car has front and rear with a 3 in box 48 on BS. If anyone has front only or rear only and what's on BS. Front only 1 in the box 48 or rear only 2 in box 48?

My rear bumper does not have the holes and i do not have a build sheet. My fronts are in great shape. but it would be nice to have them on the back also.

My first car was a 4 year old 64 Sport Fury that had a front bumper guard but not the back ones. It could have had an accident and rear bumper replacement before I bought it (did have a small repaired dent in the trunk lid) but as relatively new as it was I figured the front only was an option. But maybe not.

Auto Transport Service
Back