• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 1966 Satellite interior and exterior trim

Status
Not open for further replies.

AR67GTX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:24 AM
Reaction score
Have a 66 Satellite that I need a few parts for in nice condition:

1. Factory radio knobs for 66
2. Cigarette element knob for 66
3. Upper body side trim retainers (a couple of them). These are the plastic retainers that secure the top of fender/door trim
4. Also looking for a source of the chrome foil inserts on the face of 66/67 knobs.

Thanks

The knob inserts are not foil, they are stainless steel. They are very rigid and never pitt of corrode.

they don’t take any Inserts on the vent handles

I ordered the fasteners/clips for the exterior trim from themoparshop.com.
Took awhile to get them.

Those bolt on trim hold downs are unobtainium. The ones supplied in those moparshop trim kits don't work well. picture of one. enlargered it so much you can't see the pin is threaded.
top of fendee hold trim 1.JPG

The knob inserts are not foil, they are stainless steel. They are very rigid and never pitt of corrode.

Thanks _ I thought I remembered someone saying the reproductions were fairly thin but that may not be the case. This car has a mix of knobs - I think the cigarette lighter is a Charger knob. the lights and wipers look original but inserts are really stained. Not sure what the radio knobs are - they could be OK but at least one is missing the insert and looks painted.

Fran, the piece of trim that's loose on the end is the rear quarter and it looks like the white nylon clips (or whatever material) are not gripping on the end by the door. Looks like I'll have to pull the rear seat and side panel to get to the nuts. Hoping I can just find a way to purchase a couple of them as I don't need an whole set.

These clips (if stud is small enough) could be modified to work. Cut the spring wire off. Bend wing piece down 1/8" on side of the stud. If you look at how the black part is concave where stud is. The I think the black part is rubber coated metal. Then trim wing to fit width of trim so they fit inside and won't turn when tightening.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chrysler-D...ymouth&hash=item1cef120be1:g:ZVsAAOSwUbpfGLhd

If you paint the car and remove the trim new nylon clips have little pieces on to protect the paint when trim is clipped on. They age and break off. New ones are nice less chance to chip new paint.
Where are pictures??

Found the knob inserts on EBay.

I can probably fiddle with the existing top of fender clips or fabricate something once I get to where I can partially remove it. But if anyone has a spare, good clip for those pieces of trim they can stand to part with, I would be interested in buying it.

still need a correct 66/67 cigarette lighter knob.

I need to look at the radio knobs again to see what the are - they seemed smaller than my 67 but maybe they aren’t.

My cigarette knob is in ashtray and it's has chrome knob. Not sure if it is original. Seen black plastic ones on ebay. I wouldn't think a plastic knob would be the way to go. Wonder if @Jerry Hall could answer that?

On 66-67 Plymouth B bodies the cigarette lighter had a black plastic knob. They were in the dash, not the ashtray. I know that the Satellites and GTX'S had the chrome inserts, and I think the other models did to, but not 100% sure.

I must have a replacement, wrong one. Guess I'll be look for one because it doesn't have one with a black knob. Checked build sheet for lighter, 487 there it is.
BS.JPG

Just fall out in 50 years.

Back in the 80’s looking for these in junkyards I’d look on the floor around the seat tracks and found many laying right there. These were old beater 4 doors that were never washed or vacuumed. Those were the days. Plenty of good used parts to be had.

I think I cried wolf on the radio knobs - they look OK, just need the inserts which I have now ordered. Down to a cigarette lighter and a trim clip or two at this point for this series of needs.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back