• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 Satellite is this a correct 4 speed console?

Paul_G

Local time
6:20 AM
Reaction score
This console just doesnt look right. Either it is just shoved in where it didnt belong, or peices are missing, or both. This car is for sale in Illinois.

http://mcecars.com/vehicles/540/1966-plymouth-satellite

42721_d9824f74d65f_low_res.jpg

42725_a8dee6602408_low_res.jpg

It looks like a auto console with a cut out top plate. The left side trim piece on four speed console goes above the light.

I know 66 auto consoles (sticks I think) the part that beyond console door bolts on. The screws are inside console compartment on the back. Repo consoles are 67 and later consoles are one piece.

Does the paint coming off the seats bother you? Reminds me of when i we confined to a wheelchair for 20 months and bought a 69 Camaro sight unseen from this *** hats atlas musclecars out of Texas. Holy ****

Moot point now. I went and looked at this car while I was in Chicago a couple of weeks ago. Besides what you can see, there is more you cant see in the pics.

Paint had dirt in it like it was painted in someones driveway.
Lots of bondo.
Lots of badly rusted metal in the wheel lips that was bondo'd over.
Pitted chrome with machine screws holding the trim on.
Plus more.

I took a pass on this one.

Moot point now. I went and looked at this car while I was in Chicago a couple of weeks ago. Besides what you can see, there is more you cant see in the pics.

Paint had dirt in it like it was painted in someones driveway.
Lots of bondo.
Lots of badly rusted metal in the wheel lips that was bondo'd over.
Pitted chrome with machine screws holding the trim on.
Plus more.

I took a pass on this one.

Ya like I said same **** Altas musclecars like to pedal. It's not a moot point, we are enthusiasts here and to save someone the headache, we should all share our experiences with *** hat dealers and sellers like this.

I think that car came with a gold interior. Probably had no seats at one time so somebody put in anything. Sprayed seats and dash black but not the steering column and left steering wheel and seat belts. Console looks like a cut up auto console.
It answered for me they had a brownish steering wheel with gold interior if you didn't order a 3 spoke wood grain wheel. My car I believe came with that steering wheel. Have a work order from dealer with steering wheel p/n for a wood grain wheel. Work was cose to delivery date.
This thread answered some questions for me, thanks.

Missing the boot. Here are some pictures of other years but correct 4 speed.
drvrint-jpg.jpg

mopp_1207_002_1966_dodge_charger_second_attempt_b_body_.jpg

dd3738c3f202df9de934b0511c0af79d.jpg

1966-dodge-charger-383-4-speed-mopar-muscle-car-8.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back