• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 satellite left fender tag replacement

jeff Mentzer

Local time
2:47 PM
Reaction score
Is there a place that I can get all of my car's options from my vin so I can get a replacement fender tag made, my car didnt come with one?

The Chrysler Historical Services can most likely find the production records on your car if it’s a 67 or earlier. However they are closed due to COVID right now. I contacted them last week and they responded they hoped to resume services in July but they don’t have a firm decision yet. I think with their documents you can get a reproduction fender tag made but I’ll let others address that.

The Chrysler Historical Services can most likely find the production records on your car if it’s a 67 or earlier. However they are closed due to COVID right now. I contacted them last week and they responded they hoped to resume services in July but they don’t have a firm decision yet. I think with their documents you can get a reproduction fender tag made but I’ll let others address that.

cool, thanks for the info

Have you checked under rear seat? Can also check driver's seat carpet, found one there might have to remove seat. Mine was a St. Louis built car. Seventh digit is plant build St Louis is a number 7. If carpet has been changed before you owned it probably not there.

Simply having the documents does not ensure you will get a proper fender tag. Do not rely on tag makers to know what should and should not be on your tag. Their job is to make tags, not necessarily make correct tags.

Do you homework before spending money. Having a bad tag is worse for your car's reputation than no tag.

The "no fender tag problem" is always a shitty one. Hope you can get a good one made up.:praying:

Have you checked under rear seat? Can also check driver's seat carpet, found one there might have to remove seat. Mine was a St. Louis built car. Seventh digit is plant build St Louis is a number 7. If carpet has been changed before you owned it probably not there.

its funny you say that, i just ripped out the carpet to get the car ready for new floors and yes, there was what I thought was a build sheet or more like what was left of one. as soon as you touched it, it fell apart.

Guess you didn't try to save it? Mine was in good shape, one under rear seat almost perfect.

Is there a place that I can get all of my car's options from my vin so I can get a replacement fender tag made, my car didnt come with one?
Jeff Chrysler historical will get you a copy of your cars IBM punchcard. The info on the card is enough to get you a fender tag. The punchcard will have your cars VIN and also the SO number, as well as the equipment the car came with.
I went thru this process recently.
There is a few places to get a tag stamped. After quite a bit of screwing around I contacted Dave Wise. Left a message and dave personally returned my call in 20 minutes.
According to a internet search there is cheaper places to get tags than Dave Wise, but I can vouch for Dave.
Customer service is #1.
I forget his email address but if you search Dave Wise Mopar you will find him.
The previous owner of my car had already gotten the punchcard from Chrysler historical so I didnt have to wait on covid.
If memory serves the Fender tag cost $435 Dave can also make you a certicard for $125
I also learned that all repop fender tags are not of equal quality.

I shoul add that for the cost of the fender tag Dave puts together a info pack on the car

Auto Transport Service
Back