• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 440 HP Engine

RedBeard

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:00 PM
Reaction score
May have a chance to buy a complete 67 440 HP engine (C 440 HP). Has original chrome valve covers FYI, no transmission. Any thoughts on what it is worth?

its worth much more to someone with a 67 R/T or GTX....... especially if the date falls in line with their car

Is the condition known or will it be totally rebuilt?

Around here, not rebuilt but "runs" is a $400 to $1000 depending on the pedigree. Motorhome engines are lower, original HP's are higher. Most of the price is dictated by the lack of history/records and the lack of ability to really run the motor through its paces to see if it is good or dying. All of those are treated as cores you may get lucky enough to be able to run as-is.

Around here, not rebuilt but "runs" is a $400 to $1000 depending on the pedigree. Motorhome engines are lower, original HP's are higher. Most of the price is dictated by the lack of history/records and the lack of ability to really run the motor through its paces to see if it is good or dying. All of those are treated as cores you may get lucky enough to be able to run as-is.
Was a good running engine with about 80,000 miles on it. Car was wrecked but engine was fine.

80K miles running engine $1200 plus. The negotiations is where it's at. You can always go up but it's real hard to come down. IMO, your part of the country may be higher or lower.

Like I said 1 year only combination of parts. 915 closed chamber heads, etc, etc!! The exhaust manifolds are a definite plus.
So having original chrome valve covers that was optional in 67 does not add anything?

So having original chrome valve covers that was optional in 67 does not add anything?
The chrome valve covers were not an option. The 440 in a 67 GTX all had them.

My 67 Charger is an original L-code 440 car. It had the chrome valve covers, 915's, turquoise paint and HP exhaust manifolds when I got it. That's the right combo.

Auto Transport Service
Back