• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD 1967 Belvedere II, 383 auto, new restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.

superbee_68

Local time
8:02 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
1967 Belvedere II, has a 66 year 383, automatic, column shift, bench seat, power steering, heat only car, clear blue texas title. Was originally a small block car but the original drivetrain was long gone when I bought the car. The car has gone through a full restoration to be a nice driver that could win local shows, I am probably too hard on myself.

Engine:
1966 383 block, 906 heads with hardened exhaust valve seats, new guides and valve job, forged crank, keith black hyper-eutectic pistons, fully balanced rotating assembly within 1 gram, mild street-able comp cam, windage tray, edelbrock rpm intake, demon 650 vacuum secondary carburetor, holly high volume mechanical fuel pump, mopar electronic ignition, hooker long tube headers, new water pump, new alternator, new power steering pump

Transmission and Rear Differential:
727 rebuilt, new stock stall converter, has correct kick-down linkage for taller intake, new driveshaft with new u-joints, 2.79 gears for highway cruising

Paint & Body:
The paint is nice, very smooth finish, the metallic laid down very nice, but the paint is not perfect. Both quarters and doors were patched prior to paint. Roof, hood, fenders, and decklid are still original. Bumpers were straightened and re-chromed to the tune of $700, all lenses for tail lights, turn signals, and reverse light have been replaced

Interior:
New head-liner, seat covers, carpet, dash pad, package tray, all insulation was repalced, nice original heater box with leak tested heater core, new seat belts with date code labels, original glass except for windshield

The rest:
Stock 15" steel wheels with Cooper Cobra's with the largest size tire the car could tuck. New master cylinder, wheel cylinder, shoes, and drums. Front hubs got new bearings, races, and seals. Front suspension got new lower control arm bushings when the k-frame was pulled to install motor in car. New shocks all the way around.

This is a nice car with a ton of new parts invested. If your the kind of guy that wants something a bit different, not another GTX clone, this is the car for you. The engine is a torque monster and is a blast to drive. The cam has a nice rumble to it but is still smooth. The turbo mufflers make a great noise when your on the gas pedal, but quiet down for cruising. I have never had an old mopar ride as smooth as this Belvedere does on the highway. I would feel comfortable driving this car for hours, it's really that good. I have spent a great deal of time and money to restore this car. It has been quite a chore on my patience and my wallet finding all the missing parts. The car does have a few bugs to work out. I am currently working to remedy all of these: transmission dip stick leaks just a bit, temperature gauge is not working and fuel gauge is erratic, slight stumble off idle when warm sometimes, driver arm rest has a small crack, and a few other little things. I hope to get all of these things fixed before anyone buys the car but I would sell as is.

For price, this hurts. I have invested over $25k in parts not accounting for any labor. But we don't build these cars to make money. I do it to save another Mopar from sitting in a garage collecting dust or being slapped together quick and cheap. My goal is to minimize my losses while trying to find this car a new home so I can save another car. I would like to sell the car for around $20,000. I know it's a lot, and I am negotiable, but you could not build this car for anywhere near what I'm asking, especially if you had to pay for labor.

PM me and I will send you my phone number if you want to talk about the car.
Robert

IMG_0730.jpgIMG_0737.jpgIMG_0736.jpgIMG_0735.jpgIMG_0734.jpgIMG_0733.jpgIMG_0732.jpgIMG_0731.jpgIMG_0738.jpgIMG_0740.jpgIMG_0739.jpgIMG_0744.jpgIMG_0742.jpgIMG_0743.jpgIMG_0748.jpgIMG_0746.jpgIMG_0747.jpgIMG_0745.jpg

Was just having a look through some belvedere ads as I have one I am going to put up for sale as well and then saw this one. Thinking this might be the Belvedere I saw when I was in San Antonio, Texas visiting my cousin but it wasn't finished then. I almost bought it but would have been too hard to get it up to Canada as a project.

Anyways, just wanted to say that if this is the same car, it is worth the money for someone who wants a car that was done right. I am trying to get down to a couple cars otherwise I would be interested.

Good luck with the sale

wow thats nice, would love to find a comparable roller like this...

I still have the Belvedere. I'll start driving it to work now that the weather has cooled off. Shoot me an offer or trade proposal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back