• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 belvedere wiring question.

belvedere 67

Local time
1:22 PM
Reaction score
I'm working on rewiring my 67 belvedere. I bought a painless harness and I have a question maybe somebody can help me with. I've read that sometimes that amp meters can be unsafe and cause fires. I plan on bypassing mine. Will this pose any issues beside the gauge on my instrument panel on working? And is it possible to wire in a regular volt gauge? And how would I do this. Thanks for anybody's help.

a gauge is good, just maybe not the way Chrysler Installed it. Keeping the two poles from meeting, or grounding on the frame is the primary concern.

I plan on keeping mine hooked up, but the main concern is the extra long studs that may chafe a wire or touch something grounded, I use the long vacuum hose blockoffs over the studs. This is one time you want to heed the "disconnect battery first" instructions before removing any dash.

Auto Transport Service
Back