• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 Charger 18GA Pink Wire Location

oldmangarth

Local time
10:56 PM
Reaction score
Starting to re-wire my dash and as I was pulling out my glove box I noticed a broken pink wire. Can't seem to find where it would have been sourced. It connects to the wiring harness just to the right of the radio. Any suggestions of where to look? Tried reading the wiring diagram but failed miserably. Here are my pics:

IMG_0819.JPG

IMG_0821.JPG

Not many Chargers I've seen had the light.
Could have been to under dash courtesy.
Could have gone to nowhere.

100 % true. I have a 66 charger that had the wire with terminal on the end and no evidence of a glove box light ( original glove box)

Well it had to come from somewhere because it was not part of the wiring harness. It was connected to the harness. The under dash courtesy light is still connected and appears to be a thicker gauge.

A service manual would be worth its weight in gold for you.
It will show all the different optional wiring configurations that your car may or may not have depending which options it came with.
Yes there are wires under the dash that are not necessarily used.

A service manual would be worth its weight in gold for you.
It will show all the different optional wiring configurations that your car may or may not have depending which options it came with.
Yes there are wires under the dash that are not necessarily used.
I agree there are wires with plugs that aren't used. This is a broken wire that I can't find the other end. Big difference than unused.

I was going to post a wiring diagram but I see you got the situation handled.

I was going to post a wiring diagram but I see you got the situation handled.
:lol: I provided 2 pics in my initial post. 1 pic has what appears to be a "broken" end which means it's missing a connector to something. The other pic is where it is connected into the harness. Just not sure how this could be considered an "unused wire" but open to learning. Are you suggesting it was never broken and was there just in case the installer could find something to wire it to on the spot? That would be another interesting tidbit to learn. I'm learning lots so far.

Last edited:
100 % true. I have a 66 charger that had the wire with terminal on the end and no evidence of a glove box light ( original glove box)
Must have missed your post. Did you have a terminal on both ends or was one end broken or missing a terminal like mine. Unplugged it. Guess I'll call it a day. Just didn't want to miss something I could regret later. My first time rewiring

IMG_0824_1.JPG

Last edited:
I feel like I'm going to be one of those guys that takes stuff apart and puts it back together but has a bunch of parts lying around. All this just to put my wiring in. Bring back memories?

IMG_0816.JPG

AYIY0535.JPG

IMG_0830.JPG

I don’t recall if it came direct out of the harness or if there was a terminal there.
I understand your frustration with wiring , I was a construction electrician for 42 years.
people on here are just trying to help and most are excellent at it The advice to get a factory shop manual is an excellent one...especially if you are novice tackling that size job.
best o luck to you.

I don’t recall if it came direct out of the harness or if there was a terminal there.
I understand your frustration with wiring , I was a construction electrician for 42 years.
people on here are just trying to help and most are excellent at it The advice to get a factory shop manual is an excellent one...especially if you are novice tackling that size job.
best o luck to you.
I've been using a 1967 Dodge Service Manual pdf. Is this the doc you are referring to or is there a better doc?

My 67 Satellite has the glove box light. Pink wire feeds it as Don shows. There is no terminal on the light end. The bare end of the wire is just stuck into the light housing .

Auto Transport Service
Back