• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 Charger gold interior paint/seat trim

Moparnocar

Local time
1:12 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone make this color gold spray paint ? I thought I read that no one does yet

Also, my trim is rusted, anyone selling it the trim around here?

Here's the pic

Screenshot_20200221-135101.png

I dyed a black one gold. It has a grain as Jerry said and its not wrinkle finish. Might have the PPG mix (not exact)
Clean Satellite 2.jpg
I used, did whole interior.

When I refinished my seat backs, I had several gouges and scuffs I need to smooth out
After sanding I was left with the problem of how to deal with the grain
I found that if I used a hammer finish black and then a final coat of Vinyl paint black,
I was able to get a finish that looked good considering I had several places to blend
It's not perfect but it does look good and the difference is unnoticeable unless you know to look for it when the seats are upright in the car's interior

Unfortunately the formula for his vinyl mix wasn't on the can. I'll look a little more it could be on a print out near where can was. The paint code for my gold interior is PPG and the code is DDL 22538 Saddle Bronze Metallic. Asked why they couldn't use paint formula for vinyl told you can use paint code for vinyl.
gold.jpg
gold1.jpg

Unfortunately the formula for his vinyl mix wasn't on the can. I'll look a little more it could be on a print out near where can was. The paint code for my gold interior is PPG and the code is DDL 22538 Saddle Bronze Metallic. Asked why they couldn't use paint formula for vinyl told you can use paint code for vinyl.
View attachment 913660 View attachment 913662

ya pretty much the same thing. Theres a additive that goes into the mix so it can be used for dash board , seat coverings. We used to do that back in the 80s auto wrecker parts and clean a spray at adhesion promotor to the material then spray. On the seat backings it usually cleaning with comet really well to remove any oils spray color , then clear with a flattening agent mixed in so the metallics would not stand out so much. The lacquer days was a little different but a whole lot easier. Love that stuff.

So I assume this is the same paintcode code I need? Thanks a ton!

My interior code P4T on fender tag. Maybe have mix a small amount if they will? They is what I used on door tops.

I wish that stuff was still around up here..

If you have a VIN along with any other information on the car, Kolor Korect can make the paint. They matched my blue interior and it came out really good. If you have facebook they posted photos of my finished interior in the car in my Avatar, B5 with pearl top Charger.

If you have a VIN along with any other information on the car, Kolor Korect can make the paint. They matched my blue interior and it came out really good. If you have facebook they posted photos of my finished interior in the car in my Avatar, B5 with pearl top Charger.
Just a spray can, or mixed paint?

Herb's has a interior gold in the can. I have the same seat issues myself. I'm going to try it out with an adhesion product on a test patch.

Herb's has a interior gold in the can. I have the same seat issues myself. I'm going to try it out with an adhesion product on a test patch.
Is it the seat gold, or trim gold? They seem different to me, besides sheen

Is it the seat gold, or trim gold? They seem different to me, besides sheen
......I have two cans coming in the mail this week. I'll do us both a favor and do a test patch on the unpainted side of the metal seat back. Should be a definitive test.

Auto Transport Service
Back