• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 charger rotating light switch wiring

oldmangarth

Local time
8:18 PM
Reaction score
Just replaced the wiring behind the dash and down to 2 black wires. They appear to be for the rotating headlight switch however the switch has 4 posts. Can someone confirm the switch only gets 2 wires and if so which posts are used? Of course a picture is always appreciated.

Are you referring to the " hold lamps open" switch?

Mine only has 2 not sure if 66 was different

Here is front/back of switch.

IMG_1638.JPG

IMG_1640.JPG

If I’m not mistaken, I’m pretty sure the flasher switch and hold-open switch are interchangeable. Don’t know the history of it, whether or not the factory was just putting whatever in or if as they were repaired they were just switched out with whichever one. You’d put the connectors on the same side longways (I think). Just take your meter and do a continuity test to see which two are connected.

If you have 4 you need to find 2 terminals that have continuity in the up position and open in the hold lamps open or down position.
All it does is break the ground to the closing relay.

Auto Transport Service
Back