• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 column delete

roadblock

Local time
2:32 PM
Reaction score
I moved from column to floor console and wanted to know if there is a delete for 1967 b body

I moved from column to floor console and wanted to know if there is a delete for 1967 b body

Any OEM floor shift car has a column you need. There is someone reproducing the required column piece but, I can't remember the particulars. Hopefully someone else will chime in.
Mike

I think you can get the part you need from Tony's Parts.

Don’t delete the column, you’ll need it to steer the car.

Ok I couldn’t resist. 493 mike is right. Find a factory console automatic or 4 speed column. I think in 1967 they just started to make collapsible columns so you’ll be wanting a 67 and up. Caveat- I’m not 100% certain here though (on what year the collapsible columns started) so double check the years that interchange

It looks like 66-67 is different from 68-70 and 71 up.
I believe you only need the sleeve, so even a bent up, battered 66-67 column will work.

Don’t delete the column, you’ll need it to steer the car.

Ok I couldn’t resist. 493 mike is right. Find a factory console automatic or 4 speed column. I think in 1967 they just started to make collapsible columns so you’ll be wanting a 67 and up. Caveat- I’m not 100% certain here though (on what year the collapsible columns started) so double check the years that interchange
67 is the first year for the collapsible column.

If you don't mind doing a little work you can use what you have.I did it to a 67 Dart column.Chrysler used 2 different vendors for 67 columns.So removal may be done some what differently. Check to see if yours has a hole near the base of the column shift.It may or not. If it does there is a allen screw that will need to be removed or loosened. The other comes apart after removing the steering wheel and turn signal switch. Remove the pin for the lever,remove lever.Remove the 2 nuts that hold the wedges that hold the movable sleeve in place. Now the PRND21 housing can be removed.Remove the plastic PRND21.You can now cut the part of the housing that holds the lever off and and sand smooth. I used some light weight sheet metal pieces JB Weld to the inside if the column housing and filled the gap with more JB Weld for filler.. The JB can be sanded smooth and the housing can be painted. The shift tube can stay in the column so removal of the column is not necessary.Unless you want to.
This is the best I can tell you as I did it 20 Years ago. Or get the replacement housing and replace but the R&R process is the same. A service manual will be a big help.

welcome to FBBO
maybe post this in the steering related forum

Mancini Racing sells a collar like that
1 for a 68-70 it's like $159.99
they may have them for an earlier model too

I can't remember who makes them
call Mancini Racing & ask maybe
MRE 1968-69 floor-shift-steering-column-collars $159.95.png

The 66 columns were not collapsible and smaller in diameter. The dash opening is narrower. The bottom dash trim is longer on the drivers side.
Could be cut to work with a 67 dash.
A 67 column might fit in a 66 dash. I can check.
66 and 67 dashes are not the same.

I put a complete column shift automatic from a 67 in my 65 and did away with the cable.

Auto Transport Service
Back