• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 coronet 2 door post

Turnnbank

Local time
5:30 AM
Reaction score
I just bought this car last fall.. we are in the process of making a street rod out of it.. new paint etc. I cannot find hardly any information on the car. Not a brochure, photos or anything on this car.. I could use an expert to tell me what the deal is .. I have seen a couple pulled out of the barn here and there but nowhere else. Maybe they didn't make that many 2 door post cars ?? or was this an old police car or something(even without the 4 door)?

What say you Experts.

Attachments

• 100_0411.jpg
    100_0411.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 963
It was tubbed when I bought it .. the last owner bought it and put the drive line in it thinking he was going to the track and then went through a divorce.. It sat in storage for about 5 years .. I bought it last fall .. went through the motor .. changed all the seals-re wired it, put buckets and 5 point harnesses in it, memory tach. Its going in for paint this next week .. probably the same color just new paint.

Paint looks good from here.
Don't think I've ever seen that quarter trim before.

Turnnbank
Did you get that car out of Mankato? If its the same one I think it is, doesn't it have a 500" Mopar crate motor in it?
Where is the car now?

Reed

Reed .. you got it right .. we have it in Ramsey (anoka area) we just tore it down put it back together and it is now in paint. We were going to pull the drive line and use it in something else but I got looking around and figured out that it is really sort of a rare car.. (not like a superbird of course) but I have rarely seen a 2 door post like this .. so we rebuilt it. took a bit of work. I talked to a guy that put the motor in and still has the origional slant 6. Nice guy .. was really helpful on the history of the car. Seems that there were several mechanics on this over time. It had sat for a while when I got it so when we pulled the motor we just rebuilt it.. runs like hell fire now.. love it.

We are putting a headliner back in it. new round of mt's, carpet. race buckets. re did all the gauges. cut all the old wiring out. re-ran the fuel lines. rebuilt the carb. tore the motor down. changed all the gaskets. added an 8 quart oil pan/with a skid plate. added 5 point harnesses , tore out the old frame stiffners and replaced them with proper ones.. going to be a street rod. I don't have the time to run around racing all over. I doubt it will be show quality but it should be a pretty cool driver. I like em dirty. ground down to the metal now .. not sure what we are going to do about color yet. that color was like an old chevy color from the 80s. Suggestions are always welcome.

Chris

Auto Transport Service
Back