• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 1967 coronet block

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Weden

Local time
11:53 AM
Reaction score
Looking for 67 440 hp block. Car was built 5-1967. I may have found one and I don’t know what a reasonable price is. Can someone give me some advise.

This should alert him of this post. Maybe he'll contact you. @gnxjohn

I have a rebuilt short block...67 hp
Pm if interested

Here are some pictures

IMG_20220403_104243819.jpg IMG_20220403_104250673.jpg IMG_20220403_104417376.jpg IMG_20220403_104428552.jpg

Pad reads: C440 11/30 HP
Compression will be decided on what heads you use.
I'm just south of buffalo NY
$3,000

Can someone explain to me what exactly an “HP” block is? I’m pretty sure it’s just two letters stamped onto a pad. Why would you pay a premium for that? I’m sure there’s stamps out there that match the original.

Can someone explain to me what exactly an “HP” block is? I’m pretty sure it’s just two letters stamped onto a pad. Why would you pay a premium for that? I’m sure there’s stamps out there that match the original.

higher compression , diffrent cam and exhaust manifolds.and on the 67's the closed chamber 915 heads

As far as the block i concerned i don't think there's a diffference between a regular 440 block and a HP block of the same year besides the HP stamp. I can see wanting that if the car is going to be restored and sold at a later time. Buyers are obviously going to look at that and whine if it's not correct.

higher compression , diffrent cam and exhaust manifolds.and on the 67's the closed chamber 915 heads

That’s all stuff you can add to any 440 block. I have a 73 block out of an Imperial with the 915 heads, and all the other things changed.

I also knew a guy back in the 90’s, that had a matching # HP stamped block for his ‘70 Coronet R/T, and it had a cast crank put in it during a previous rebuild.

Meh. It's all personal preference.
Some people like purebred, some like mutts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back