• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 Coronet R/T Convertible Bright Blue/White

dmoore

Mopar to the end
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:00 AM
Reaction score
Would like to pick anyone's brain that is fluid in 67 Coronet R/T convertibles. Looking at one in Sioux City, Ia. and need to know if what I am seeing is correct on interior colors. Please pm. Thanks!

Is it this one?
https://www.oldcaronline.com/1967-Dodge-Coronet-Sioux City-Iowa-for-sale-ID896526.htm

896526_51.jpg

Yes, all I see wrong is on the outside. It's missing the white pinstripe.

Front arm rest pads should be white.
Dash and column paint has too much gloss.
Turn signal lever is all chrome like 1966 style. 1967 should be satin arm with a black end on it.

Car looks good! I like the combo.

No dust boots on the torsion bars
Bolt on trunk striker plate should be body color
Wrong ballast resistor
Has a 66 and older water pump housing, temp sender in wrong place
Has a 66 and older throttle return spring bracket
Heater attaching nuts should be gold
Hood release lever should not be painted body color

Overall a great looking car with these minor things. I’m just bored on a snowy night so I thought I’d type this stuff out for a prospective buyer. My cars ain’t perfect either.

Last edited:
Front arm rest pads should be white.

Dash and column paint has too much gloss.

Car looks good!
I'm not going to disagree, but I think with the black upper door panels and black & White interior door panels and black rear side panels, that black would be correct. If not then the armrests in all 4 positions would be white.

I see your point and on the convertible it makes for a problem.

The black upper door frame paint is called out on the tag, so the rear plastic panels should be black also. With the white interior code the door panels are white. So should this convert have black rear arm rests and white fronts? Seems like it.

I’ve been around these 66-67’s for 30 years and what I’ve seen on hardtops is door panels and arm rests are the same color.

I thought they had seat medallions and they added the in dash tachometer.

I see your point and on the convertible it makes for a problem.

The black upper door frame paint is called out on the tag, so the rear plastic panels should be black also. With the white interior code the door panels are white. So should this convert have black rear arm rests and white fronts? Seems like it.

I’ve been around these 66-67’s for 30 years and what I’ve seen on hardtops is door panels and arm rests are the same color.

I bought my first 67 in 67, but have only owned one convertible over the years. It was a 67 Satellite and was Blue in and out. Seats door panels, rear side panels, and armrests, also a blue top. Hopefully the owner, knows more about the restoration. It's probably a consignment car, and possibly more information is available. Front armrests are about a $100 dollar change so no big deal. There is a lot of knowledge on here, maybe it's in writing somewhere.

Here's some of the pics before the add disappears. That does happen and later on nobody knows what this thread was about...
896526_1.jpg
896526_44.jpg
896526_29.jpg
896526_50.jpg
896526_9.jpg
896526_14.jpg
896526_46.jpg
896526_62.jpg
896526_67.jpg
896526_61.jpg

I have to say though, overall, it is really nice, and all the things that have been pointed out are extremely minor to correct. Though if you are considering buying it, it does give you leverage to haggle on the price! Even with the minor issues I would still love to have it! @dmoore Best of luck to you and let us know if you pull the trigger!

look closely at the rear finish panel and tail lights.

Does the pass side light appear to sit lower and not in line with the panel and driver's side light?

The pic of the work on the pass side quarter seemed to confirm it for me.

I believe this to be the same car....so once owned by the Brother's....it's currently owned by the fella that owns 3 late model car dealerships there in Ia, Jenson Dealerships. I had question the black rear panels...Kind of thought the front armrest should be white with white door panels. You guy's have shed light on a few other things as well. Thank you for responding!

@dmoore Thanks for the video! After watching that it just confirms, for me, that this was one of the best looking BBodies ever built. That grill and trunk panel can't be beat! Just sexy!

Also, after watching the video, it looks like the dash trim is painted silver and it should be chrome. Also the top steering column cover is painted silver and it should be chrome. Same thing with the shifter button. Again, just small things. Also, it looks like they did the ammeter bypass, but that is probably a good thing!

Auto Transport Service
Back