• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 Coronet R/T exhaust.

drodg58

Local time
6:20 PM
Reaction score
Finally I have a correct exhaust on my 67 Coronet R/T. Funny how you would think it wouldn't be that hard or That Expensive to get a correct looking exhaust system. Anyhow looks great now.

Exhaust 67.jpg

exhuast 67 ii.jpg

Finally I have a correct exhaust on my 67 Coronet R/T. Funny how you would think it wouldn't be that hard or That Expensive to get a correct looking exhaust system. Anyhow looks great now.

View attachment 1456060

View attachment 1456061
I bought mine from accurate exhaust. I use HP manifolds. They asked what year ( casting numbers) of the manifolds, and they sent me the correct stuff. So easy to install a caveman can do it. Nice RT

Not trying to be critical but those seem to dump out pretty far ahead of the bumper?

Not trying to be critical but those seem to dump out pretty far ahead of the bumper?
I have seen 67 GTX run past the bumper, but regular exhaust dumped down. Don't know if it would be the same as an RT. Could be an option to use with chrome exhaust tips.

I did buy the hangers and the mufflers from Accurate.

I did buy the hangers and the mufflers from Accurate.
Another poster said something about the exhaust pipes should exit beyond the bumper, if the optional chrome tips were used. My down turns are exactly like yours. 67 Belvedere

Thanks and what I can see since the 67 R/T had no chrome tip option this is the style that should be on the car, I think.

Jerry's post validates my memories of 54 years ago when the local Plymouth dealer took a beautiful red '67 R/T as a trade. I was struck by how far front of the rear bumper the turn down pipes were situated, in sharp contrast to the extended tips on the same year GTX.

Another poster said something about the exhaust pipes should exit beyond the bumper, if the optional chrome tips were used. My down turns are exactly like yours. 67 Belvedere
My R/T exhaust from Accurate are like these also.

Heres mine after I adding GTX tips just for a change. I like both set ups.
20220319_175952.jpg

Well I did quite a bit of studying of pictures of different cars and had my local guy do most everything. He is good at replicating the factory turns etc on the exhaust. He did my 65 Coronet 500 383 survivor a few years ago too. Thanks for everyone's input etc and the photos.

Okay, feeling kinda dumb now...
I wouldn't. These 67 R/Ts are hard to replicate the exhaust on. I have had four of them and most cars don't have correct tail pipes. Accurate does make a correct exhaust and I think Gardner exhaust out of NY makes a correct exhaust.

Okay, feeling kinda dumb now...
Hmm.. I'd still like to see a bona-fide untouched original .. They do seem short to me as well.
Wish I had cellphone way back when the bloomington ghost came out..

I have seen 67 GTX run past the bumper, but regular exhaust dumped down. Don't know if it would be the same as an RT. Could be an option to use with chrome exhaust tips.
GTX had chrome tips, the R/T did not in 67. The tailpipes turned down well ahead of the rear bumper

They were short like that from the factory. 1967 R/T never had optional bright tip; the ONLY Chrysler Musclecar to not have them either standard or optional. Every '67 GTX had chrome tips as standard equipment. The tail pipes are so tight around the gas tank. Mine has an occasional rattle that I have not tracked down. Here's mine.

RT drags.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back