• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 coronet replacement fuel tank

Gary Stavely

Local time
7:58 AM
Reaction score
Hi does anyone know the proper replacement fuel tank for a 67 Coronet 2 dr hardtop 383 car? I am looking at the spectre premium CR 14, can anyone confirm the fit?
Thanks!

Its the same one I purchased for my 67 Belvedere. So it looks correct.

SAM_5764.JPG

SAM_5765.JPG
SAM_5766.JPG SAM_5767.JPG

CR14 correct, I've probably used 15 of them.

Thanks all I figured it was right but I went and measured it just to be sure. Hopefully they do have it in stock like I was told and it's on the way soon, seems a lot of places are sold out but they did say they have it and a new strap.
Thanks again!

Before you seat that tank, test the ring seal and the sending unit. So much pain on here from leaking tanks ect.....
That tank and car are long gone.. lol I installed the sender right there in the shade on the porch. The sender came with a lock ring and gasket but so did the tank. I used the one from the tank.

Last edited:
Be careful w that upper vent tube. I've seen them crack the solder joint where it goes into the tank while trying to wiggle on the hose. Lots of WD-40!!!

I recently bought the C-14 tank for my 1967 R/T. It is made by Spectra in Stratford, Ontario, about 50 miles from where I live. Unfortunately, they do not sell direct, only through jobbers. Local Car Quest and APC quoted just under $500.00 for it. With taxes, it would be $550.00Can. After shopping around, I found the best deal with RockAuto. It came out of Wisconsin and I had it within a week for $340.00Can., taxes and shipping included. So this tank had gone back and forth over the border twice, and I saved $200.00 from buying it locally. It makes NO sense.

I recently bought the C-14 tank for my 1967 R/T. It is made by Spectra in Stratford, Ontario, about 50 miles from where I live. Unfortunately, they do not sell direct, only through jobbers. Local Car Quest and APC quoted just under $500.00 for it. With taxes, it would be $550.00Can. After shopping around, I found the best deal with RockAuto. It came out of Wisconsin and I had it within a week for $340.00Can., taxes and shipping included. So this tank had gone back and forth over the border twice, and I saved $200.00 from buying it locally. It makes NO sense.
I just bought one from partsavatar for $300, ordered their sending unit and strap as well under $500 altogether, napa wanted $600 just for the tank. I just hope Partsavatar can deliver, ordered a tire the other day and woke up to a refund in the morning because they didn't have one, at least it was quick and they are usually ok to deal with.

Auto Transport Service
Back