• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 coronet rt question

Polara426

Local time
7:36 AM
Reaction score
Putting back together 4 speed dana car the rear suspension rubber bumpers that mount on the frame there is a large and small can't remember what side is witch looking for help?

I haven’t had the opportunity to own one with a Dana but the one I have (8 3/4) has the same size side to side.

Give you a thread bump!

The 66-70 B-Body Dana equipped cars used the same style of bumper on each side of the rear frame rails. They were much beefier than the 8.75 bumpers. The Dana bumpers are relatively square with a round top. The 8.75 bumpers are more in a triangle form. Both styles are available in a reproduction. Be careful if you should purchase the reproductions. Some of them do not include the metal support plate if you are missing your originals.

I removed the Bumpers off this car 29000 original miles there was a small one on one side and bigger one on the other they appeared to never been off the car? Mistake? I just don't remember what side was witch.

Most probable, it was a factory mistake. All kinds of things happened on the assembly line to drive us crazy 50 years later trying to second guess the reasoning.

Auto Transport Service
Back