• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE 1967 Dodge coronet $6000 obo and cleaning out the garage sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nimrod

Local time
11:28 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
I have a 1967 dodge coronet. This car spent most of its life as a 6 cylinder 3 speed grocery getter until the owner allowed it to be used as a movie car for the dukes of hazard movie. I bought the car a few years after that. I build a big block 383 engine with forged crank, reconditioned rods, and forged pistons. The cam is a cheater cam that sounds great and makes great power. I used a cross member out of a v8 coronet for the swap and Schumacher mounts. Along with the v8 a 4 speed 833a trans from a 70 roadrunner was added. The rebuilt trans with new synchros and seals were included in the Brewers performance rebuild kit. A ram flywheel and mecleod clutch is utilized to transfer power from the 383 to the 833a. Switching to the 4 speed required some new hardware for the clutch and shifter, all which were sourced from brewers performance. The hard part was the new z bar, after that the new Hurst shifter went on and was adjusted with a Hurst shift lever and knob finishing it off. Next the rear end was sourced and that rear end is 8 3\4 with a 489 case. The strongest rearend a mopar b body came with other than a dana 60. After the drivetrain was sorted out I switched my attention to the suspension. I wanted this car to handle as well as it could go. So I tired to Hotchkis sport suspension for that purchasing the full tvs kit for the 66-67 b bodies. The kit included geometry corrected upper arms, strut bars, front and rear sway bars, tie rid ends, and rear leafs. I also needed more spring in the front with the new v8 so I opted for hemi sized springs for a little firmer ride with the newly installed suspension upgrades. The car went around corners so well the big problem was staying in the seat. Along with the suspension mods the from brakes were upgraded to 12 in disc from wilwood that help slow it down. In the rear the largest set of drum brakes for an 8 3/4 were used. So now the car would go, stop, and turn like I wanted but the paint was terrible but the body was so solid, I decided to have the car painted in redline red. I took out all of the interior except the dash and ordered everything new and removed all the triM. The body guys took the body down to the metal and had the car for about 2 months before I saw it again. They also removed the bottom trim piece that runs the length of the car and filled in all the holes. during the time it was gone I decided to do a 66 charger grille swap so it would have the hide away headlights. So I picked up an entire assembley. The next time I saw it the red looked great on the car. I brought it home and it has just sat there. I seem to have lost interest in the car and have no motivation to work on it anymore even tho I have all the parts to finish it. I'd rather not see it sit here when someone else who is motivated can finish her and be having fun. Along with the car I have tons of parts including engines and other random mopar things. The car runs and moves under its own power but there are no seats in the car 1967 coronet.jpgFB_IMG_1426468269655.jpgFB_IMG_1426468263522.jpg 071.jpg069.jpg068.jpg070.jpg067.jpg. Let me know if you are interested. I'm asking $6000

I will sell the 1967 Charger grille for 400 obo

I also have some engines for sale if anyone is interested one is a 1978 440 block $150 obo and a 2008 5.7 hemi with a dropped seat needs a piston and a head to be usable again 300 obo.

Got the grille. Very nice.....Thank you! Send me more pics of your whole car......you should still have my email.

Mmissile I'm glad you got the grill and are pleased with it. I'll send you some more pics when I get back home.

What part of Louisiana are you in. If around the upper part I may have to more interested. Thanks, Clint.

Old-school I'm near baton rouge so more of the central Louisiana area.

I got the car from him!! Im putting it back together now and hoping to have it back on the road by mid summer.. Thanks Nimrod..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back