• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 dodge coronet hood

leroy

Local time
5:52 AM
Reaction score
i have 67 coronet and the hood has 2 square notches in the underside of the hood near the windshield, does anyone know if that means anything.........

They are probably the acess holes to bolt down the fake scoop for the R/T models.

I just went out to look at my '67 R/T. theman440 is correct. The 2 square holes access the rear hood scoop nuts.

thanks, i have a r/t convertible, and someone told me it was a hemi car? i have seen them on 318 cars?

I am pretty sure the hood under structure was the same on all '67 hoods, regardless of which engine was in the car. I would think the similar 1966 hoods would not have these provisions for mounting a scoop. Likely a good way to tell a '66 hood from a '67.

I am pretty sure the hood under structure was the same on all '67 hoods, regardless of which engine was in the car. I would think the similar 1966 hoods would not have these provisions for mounting a scoop. Likely a good way to tell a '66 hood from a '67.
This is correct -

Not sure if these square holes came on all 67 coronet hoods. My reasoning for this is .....probably the holes were punched out before the inner and outer skins were married together. Once that was done probably went down a different sub assembly line and then the scoop would be added. The line worker would then have two different hoods at his work station. According to the build sheet he would pick out the corresponding hood. This is where sometimes things went wrong. I used a 66 or 67 charger hood and it definitely didn't have those holes. I had to make em.

Auto Transport Service
Back