• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 Dodge R/T

mrhemi

Local time
9:10 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone, particularly in Canada, know this R/T that is listed below, or the selling dealer?

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=m2905956&siteLocale=en_CA

I have been looking for a 67 R/T and this does check some of the boxes, but I do see a few issues / questions in the seller's photos. I have not contacted the dealer yet, just wondering if any forum members know the car. it is only about a 1 hour drive from me so I do intend to get over and have a look.

Thanks in advance.

What are you seeing in the pictures? The things I saw were:
Shifter not original
Wheels not original
Exhaust System no H pipe and mufflers
8 3/4 rear end should be a Dana
My opinion, to much money

Wrong console lid
No chrome valve covers
Power drum booster..(did it come with drums or disc's?)
Glass packs
46,500 usd

The one Dave just sold prior to this one was the one to get and I missed it. He throws new wheels on everything that goes out the door, but if you're lucky the removed stuff is still obtainable.

The car in question, watch the video and you'll see they painted right over the door latches amongst other things... as noted by others the Dana is missing and someone's putting synthetic in the 8 3/4, probably has a 440 truck engine from somewhere and not #'s. Also painted darker than 881 should be..

Get @R413 to chime in on the fender tag, I'm not sure I see it exactly jiving with the car. There was not enough pictures to tell about the brakes, the chrome valve covers are definitely gone. It looks to be a 66 console body (2 piece). The under hood brake components look like power drum. The big deal for me would be the missing Dana.
The good is the high dollar trim looks great, surrounds and tail panel.

Console lid with armrest is either Polara 500 or Charger. I know, because I put one in my R/T. Console vacuum gauge is C-body, not available in B-body. Again, I have one on my console. Way cheaper than swap meet tach that likely won't work. Wheels are aftermarket 1-piece aluminium 15 X 7. They are actually a nice looking rim; I bought a set for my '64 Polara. On the plus side, the seats have the rare headrests.

Last edited:
Yes, I noted all of those discrepancies as well as a few others. Sloppy paint by painting over the the door strikers etc. I would suspect that the A833 is a 23 spline and not the correct 18 spline. From the photos it appears to have the incorrect rear leaf springs. It appears to be missing most, if not all of the rubber barriers in the front fenders, inner fenders. I also see a Coronet 440 glove box door emblem and the hokey vacuum gauge instead of a tach on the console. Bumpers are mis-matched, guards on the rear but not the front. I cannot see the head liner, but the seat covers and carpet are poorly done. Did the front seat belts on '67's have re-tractors, I don't remember. I agree, it is more than I would want to pay for it just knowing what was spotted in the photos. I am also wondering if it is the same one that I saw for sale a few years back at Moparfest (prior to restoration). If it is, it has patch panels in the quarters, not original as claimed.

Last edited:
Gotta remember "back in the day" if we blew a rear end you went to the junk yard and grabbed another..... springs and all. Why my Bee has a '67 chargers complete assembly in it...

This is the same car from the other thread. Lots of good posts on what’s missing.

Also the headrests are covered in vinyl, covering up molded details of originals.
Missing the splash shields behind the from tires, when the doors are open you can see the tires.
lock ferrules on door lock are missing
wrong fan shroud, mid 70’s type.
Has the correct wiper arms and blades
yes a drum booster with a newer disc master.
Has rear bumper guards
Has a clock
Has a rear defroster

According to the fender tag this car didn’t come with any options. Ordered by customer for Canadian sale. I’ve never seen an R/T tag like it. They wanted the 4 speed and nothing else.
All 1967 R/T’s had wheelwell and rocker trim, 26” rad and buckets.
Only option is the 4 speed which comes with Dana
Redline tires and pinstripe.
No radio
Drum brakes
Clear glass in all windows

Last edited:
This is the same car from the other thread. Lots of good post on what’s missing.

Also the headrests are covered in vinyl, covering up molded details of originals.
Missing the splash shields behind the from tires, when the doors are open you can see the tires.
lock ferrules on doors gone.
wrong fan shroud, mid 70’s type.
Has the correct wiper arms and blades
yes a drum booster with a newer disc master.
Has rear bumper guards
Has a clock
Has a rear defroster

According to the fender tag this car didn’t come with any options. Ordered by customer for Canadian sale. I’ve never seen an R/T tag like it. They wanted the 4 speed and nothing else.
All 1967 RT’s had wheelwell and rocker trim, 26” rad and buckets.
4 speed which comes with Dana
Redline tires and pinstripe.
No radio

Sounds like it is optioned like my Charger R/T. No options other than a Hemi Track Pack. If it is not supposed to have a console, I'm good with that. I prefer two buckets and a 4 speed shifter.

Only way to deal with Dave is give him a price "all in" plated with the 13% tax included. That said I bet he won't go lower than $63K CDN all in... and more likely $63,500. Pointing out what's right or wrong will get you no where price wise.

Gotta remember "back in the day" if we blew a rear end you went to the junk yard and grabbed another..... springs and all. Why my Bee has a '67 chargers complete assembly in it...
How ya gonna blow a Dana 60? Could happen of driven long enough with no oil. Or many many years on the track with slicks and added power.

This car was probably wrecked or engine blown, parked, and parted out. Then later pieced back together because of the R/ T and or a 4 speed. So many things added to the car and expensive things missing. Too bad they couldn’t get the right paint color.

(In a heavy Canadian accent) I’d be checking it out to make sure it wasn’t a reboot, eh!

Last edited:

The Dana’s were definitely overkill. The one’s in my two V code cars have never been apart.

The online tag decoder says could be a Dana or an 8 3/4? I guess build sheet would narrow it down? FYI, being north of the border (and recently car shopping) I see Pentastic Motors selling old mopars on Kijiji often. Ontario and Quebec are mostly where I see these kinds of dealerships.

CAR: Dodge Coronet R/T 2 Door Hardtop
ENGINE: 440cid 4-bbl HP V8
TRANSMISSION: 4-Speed Manual Floor Shift
TIRES: 7.75 x 14 Red Streak Tires
MODEL YEAR: 1967
BUILD DATE: April 21.
AXLE: 3.54/3.55 Rear Axle Ratio (Dana60 or 8 3/4), Sure Grip
INTERIOR: Premium Trim Grade, Vinyl Bucket Seats. Black Interior.
PAINT: Bright Blue Metallic (Dodge, Plymouth), Mediterranean Blue Metallic (Chrysler).
OTHER: Black (Dodge, Plymouth), Formal Black (Chrysler, Imperial) Upper Door Frame Color. Red Horizontal Accent Stripe.

MOLDINGS:
15: Unknown Option

ABC OPTIONS:
A1: 26in Radiator
F3: Unknown Option

abc OPTIONS:
b4: Bucket Seats
j4: Moulding - Body Sill Narrow
u1: Sold Car When Built (Somebody Ordered It)
w6: Build to Spec's for Canada

Under the AX is 68. Dana 60 with suregrip.
The only way you could get a 440 4 spd

As mentioned above, 68 is Dana, the “6” tells us that. a 48 under that ax would mean 8 3/4, the “4” tells us that.

As mentioned above, 68 is Dana, the “6” tells us that. a 48 under that ax would mean 8 3/4, the “4” tells us that.

Actually, the "6" is the ratio code and "8" is for Sure Grip and not indicative of a Dana. However, it was normal, and written by Chrysler that 4spd cars with a 440 or 426 got a Dana. My tag is a single "4" which decodes to 3.23 open. Looking at other tags, a "28" is 2.94 Sure Grip. A "1" is 2.76 open. I even saw a "18" axle code just from Googling some 1967 fender tags.

https://chargersourceguide.com/67fendertag.html

“AX” is for rear axle ratio.
A1 = 2.76 to 1 ratio
A2 = 2.94 to 1 ratio
A4 = 3.23 to 1 ratio
A6 = 3.54 to 1 ratio (dana rear end only)
A6 = 3.55 to 1 ratio
A7 = 3.91 to 1 ratio
A9 = special order ratio
X8 = sure-grip rear axle (if no code under the “X”, then it’s an open style rear end, or non-sure grip)

A6 could mean Dana, but it could also be a 8 3/4. The ratio counted.

Last edited:
Should this car have the torque boxes where the leaf springs mount?

Auto Transport Service
Back