• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 GTX fender tag

ks114

Local time
11:04 AM
Reaction score
Need some info. Can anyone tell me if the fender tag on my car shows anything about stripes?

IMG_2370.jpg

No, under UBS there would be a color code under the S if it was a car with stripes.

You can have a screwed up fender tag like one of mine.
20200212_124942.jpg
20200212_125519.jpg

So what would the “B” under the “U” on my tag signify?

So what would the “B” under the “U” on my tag signify?
The B under the U is Black upper door panels. Nothing under the S for stripes.

Jerry, there is nothing screwed up about your fender tag. That is how they code the stripes on a 67 GTX. There is never anything under S on these 67 RS cars.

It is said that only about 25% of them has stripes so you don’t see it very much. I don’t even see it that much when looking at tags.

The WS cars had the stripe under the S. Thinking this over, stripes under the S were a thin pinstripe. Those were put on by the stripe machine.

The 67 GTX stripes were painted on. Probably at the paint shop and masked off. They were done after the body color. So the code goes next to the paint code and has the number 4. Guess what, they are Exactly 4” wide.
3CE1775C-85F0-458B-BFDD-21FF2B19B92B.jpeg

Last edited:
Jerry, there is nothing screwed up about your fender tag. That is how they code the stripes on a 67 GTX. There is never anything under S on these 67 RS cars.

It is said that only about 25% of them has stripes so you don’t see it very much. I don’t even see it that much when looking at tags.

View attachment 912241
Something new for me, so the tag you posted is a 881 blue, Black stripe car?

I learned something as well.
I thought the “s” in “ubs” was for stripe color

I learned something as well.
I thought the “s” in “ubs” was for stripe color
Yes, you’ve got it. I’d like to see one with a different color body and roof with the stripes

check this one

View attachment 912270

View attachment 912272
I think the "4" under the "T" is 294 which is the sales code for sport stripes. A paint code under the small "s" is for horizontal roof pin stripes. I am curious what the "W" & "T" indicate .... 2 different paint codes?

I think the "4" under the "T" is 294 which is the sales code for sport stripes. A paint code under the small "s" is for horizontal roof pin stripes. I am curious what the "W" & "T" indicate .... 2 different paint codes?
Going with what R413 said, the stripes are W= white and the upper door panels are T.

Good call on the 294 for the stripes.

Roof stripes were on 66-67 chargers. Most cars have the stripes code under S.

Jerry has it right on the W and T.

Anyone seen an online decoder where you fill in the blanks like the newer tags?

I think you guys are enjoying decoding the tag, but y'all know if you don't have the original build sheet, you can contact Chrysler and they'll send it to you. It will have everything on it that you're looking for and probably more. (-;

Your talking about the punch card or sheet?

I'm talking about the whole sheet. My build tag was missing so I contacted Chrysler to get the sheet--it's extensive.

Auto Transport Service
Back