• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 gtx inland shifter

rich hourigan

Local time
10:12 PM
Reaction score
gentlemen, i got my inland shifter handle back from the chrome shop and want to assemble it... Does anyone have any tricks on how to thread the cable up through the little hole , its driving me crazy...thanks Rich

You have console, right? Oh that bend, can you fish a fine cable and attach it so you can pull cable through?

no console.. the hole is so tight theres no room to attach anything to the cable and of course the cable end is unraveling a little making it harder to fish it through...

Maybe use another cable that's same size or smaller and then tape it with one wrap of tape end to end so that it'll pull it through? Or try tying fishing line to it and pulling it through?

Thanks for the advice 91rt.. i did actually try that, the hole is exactly the size of the cable and didnt work for me... i'll keep at it till i get it...

just an update, i ordered a repair kit with new cable and hardware, after numerous attempts i couldnt slide the cable into that little hole because the end of my cable was unraveling . I didnt want to spend $60 but i figure this new cable will be oversize in length with a clean end... i"ll let you know how it goes, i should have it on friday..Rich

Auto Transport Service
Back