• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 gtx stripes

mick1967gtx

Local time
5:40 AM
Reaction score
could some one tell me how wide are the stripes are for the hood and trunk thanks

4" inches...... heres a photo of decals

Attachments

• plymouth-gtx-1967.jpg
    plymouth-gtx-1967.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 876
Ten years later but I found the model car instructions image two posts above via google search and the incorrect trunk stripe location in the image bothered me so much that I fixed it by moving the trunk stripes to align with the reverse lights in the image below. Note that the front and rear stripes are not the same distance apart front to rear. Strange but true.

GTX_Stripes.png

Last edited:
Here's what it comes out looking like (incorrectly) if you follow the uncorrected model instructions and do symmetrical stripes front to rear. This car sold at Auction in 2022.

Note this is INCORRECT.

3-1649791856854@2x.jpg

Last edited:
I thought the front's lined up with the inner headlights and the rears lined up with the back up lights.

...but that red car looks good.

Ten years later but I found the model car instructions image two posts above via google search and the incorrect trunk stripe location in the image bothered me so much that I fixed it by moving the trunk stripes to align with the reverse lights in the image below. Note that the front and rear stripes are not the same distance apart front to rear. Strange but true.

View attachment 1425757

Decals? I thought the stripes were painted.

Thats what I remember too.

Anyone know if you can actually get the stripes in decal form?

Anyone know if you can actually get the stripes in decal form?

You can buy 4” vinyl stripes. I have a set in metallic red I toyed with applying to my 67 but have never gotten around to it. I think I had to send them a piece of material in the color I wanted and they matched it up to a couple choices in their stock to let me choose. I’ll have to look through my folders to get the company but I’ll try to do that today. Application would be like decals or PPF.

I prefer painted on if no complicated graphics are involved........ no bubbles or wrinkles; and pretty much impossible to tell the difference

I bought the vinyl stripes from Stripeman. I matched them to my red metallic interior. I’ve applied PPF film to the entire front end of a 2017 Shelby GT350 and many other portions of the car. Applying this stuff would be slam dunk simple compared to that. Most people would never know the difference and if you decide you don’t like the stripes later on you can remove them.

Car Vinyl Stripes | Truck Stripes | Woody Woodgrain Kits

DB9C0CFB-51C3-4FCA-B702-3D37D1C4EBAF.jpeg

I bought the vinyl stripes from Stripeman. I matched them to my red metallic interior. I’ve applied PPF film to the entire front end of a 2017 Shelby GT350 and many other portions of the car. Applying this stuff would be slam dunk simple compared to that. Most people would never know the difference and if you decide you don’t like the stripes later on you can remove them.

Car Vinyl Stripes | Truck Stripes | Woody Woodgrain Kits

View attachment 1456073
Ha! Thats perfect! Yes I realize they "should" be painted but like you suggest easy to apply (I put on my R/T stripe on my Charger after 2 failed attempts by "professionals) and if I dont like it I can take it off... I was thinking of a satin black finish...

Decals? I thought the stripes were painted.
The "decal placement" refers to the instructions in the 1:24 scale plastic model car kit, not the real car. If you look at those instructions at the very top of the thread, the model car maker had the stripes in the wrong spot on the rear of the car. I fixed the image to show where they should go.

Auto Transport Service
Back