• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 GTX Voltage regulator

rich hourigan

Local time
6:58 AM
Reaction score
i restored the cover on the VR and had the clip and screw plated and all is looking good, now heres my dilema, where can i get a stamp or stencil to complete the restoration. There was another member asking about the stencil for the VR, not sure if he ever found one, any suggestions are welcome...Rich

I’m trying to figure that same thing out. Another thread I saw said @Big D A12 has a service to stamp these?

I had 2 custom stamps made for my rad fan. The "engine side" and part number. Both turned out really nice. If you have a pic of what you want, along with lettering sizes and measurements, simply stamps in Fla has very reasonable prices.

pictures
vreg.jpg
vreg1.jpg
vreg2.jpg

Here's a early build 67 R/T with original VR. I just dug this out and it soaking in EvapoRust to see if the lettering will show up better.

IMG_5276.JPG

i cant believe that no one is making a stamp or dry decal for this, when i did my coil i was able to get a dry rub ink decal from ECS, I would of thought that they would be readily available...69L48z27 thats exactly what i want mine to look like.

Last pics. After a quick EvapoRust bath. Car is 10/18/66 car. Not sure what the 097 is. Always thought date code but not sure how that would line up. With and without flash.
3DE9A31C-A175-480B-A56E-859741FBCB4F.jpeg
A512D769-8357-4F39-A0F8-9B2AA7926FEE.jpeg

Ninth week of 67?

Wouldn’t match the car. Has to be the original one unless it was replaced in the first year or two. Who knows though. I’ve seen others that don’t make sense either, date code wise. Most electrical stuff is 2 digit week then 1 digit year like you said. Should be a 30ish 6.

Yea i think coils used the same style code

i love that original stuff!!!!!! maybe i"ll call some of the big mopar resto shops and see if they can help me with the ink stamp, i already painted the cover so i would just need the stamp

I was just playing around with that site and I crammed everything on a 1x2 stamp. I’ll proof it again tomorrow before I order. $17.95 for it. We’ll see if it stays that way at checkout.

69, please save all your ordering info.. if the proof looks spot on i will order one also... Thanks

Well, I have a stamp on order. Says next Friday delivery. Couldn't go wrong for $23 to the door. I asked them to add an underscore to the word NOT, didn't have that option in the editor online. Stamp is 2"x1".
MyDesign.png

Well, I have a stamp on order. Says next Friday delivery. Couldn't go wrong for $23 to the door. I asked them to add an underscore to the word NOT, didn't have that option in the editor online. Stamp is 2"x1".
View attachment 997018
Nice....I was impressed with the stamps they made for my fan. They weren't happy until I was.

now that it is in their computer do you think i could call them and they could make me one and just change the date?

Yes, that’s why I did the 33rd week. Should be good for any car before Jan 1 67. I’m finding most date coded items for sale are a choice of two dates now and that’s it. It’s not like the 68 and newer where they do every month. And, at the end of the day your trying to replicate what original looked like. Unless you have ‘the’ original cover and know what the date code is, does it matter?

I’ll lend you this one if it turns out okay, if you want to use it.

Auto Transport Service
Back