• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD 1967 GTX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caterpillars

Local time
1:54 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
My post was locked and don't know how to reopen (this website is weird)
https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/1967-plymouth-gtx-23000-obo.135987/
Anyway finally got the GTX painted, the paint looks great, going to sand and buff tomorrow and then can start putting it back together. Painted with PP1 base coat clear coat (original color). Sanded to bare metal and used that new thick primer - there was very little plastic/bondo on the car. Will show the finished product soon.

paint1.JPG
paint2.JPG
paint3.JPG
paint4.JPG
paint5.JPG

Is it for sale or going to be?
It's going to be. Almost sold it 15 times but the paint was cracking (lacquer). It should come out great and will have to add some for the paint work - have about 6k in prep and paint. Will let you know how it ends up.

Inactive classified advertisements automatically go dormant after a set period - it helps to make members update their threads and prevents questions being asked after things are long since sold - usually because some people cannot be bothered posting SOLD.
A Private Message request to a Mod or Admin can sort that out easily. :thumbsup:

https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/1967-plymouth-gtx-23000-obo.135987/
Anyway finally got the GTX painted, the paint looks great, going to sand and buff tomorrow and then can start putting it back together. Painted with PP1 base coat clear coat (original color). Sanded to bare metal and used that new thick primer - there was very little plastic/bondo on the car. Will show the finished product soon.

View attachment 608239 View attachment 608240 View attachment 608241 View attachment 608242 View attachment 608243
back from paint - started to put it back together - should be done in a few days. Having trouble finding new rocker panel clips - anyone out there have a set or know where to get some?

togeth3.JPG
togeth2.JPG
togeth1.JPG

back from paint - started to put it back together - should be done in a few days. Having trouble finding new rocker panel clips - anyone out there have a set or know where to get some?

View attachment 609266 View attachment 609267 View attachment 609268

I just checked all my sources and they are all sold out on the rocker clips. MegaParts is normally the best bet but they are sold out as well.

How much are you asking now that the paint is done?

Looks great by the way!

Thanks, it's not perfect (and that is where I was going). Have at least 6k I had to put out for paint so I'm going to be in the 30K range.
I just checked all my sources and they are all sold out on the rocker clips. MegaParts is normally the best bet but they are sold out as well.

How much are you asking now that the paint is done?

Looks great by the way!

Thanks for the lead. I;ve called them a few times and they are in the process of repairing some tooling (guess they make them or have them made). Think I going to be stuck until new ones are made.

All done putting it back together (except for the rocker chrome - still needing clips). The paint came out good.

finish.JPG
finish1.JPG
finish2.JPG
finish3.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back