• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 Hemi GTX

skyman51

Local time
6:47 AM
Reaction score
I am not one to quibble on the price of a car. If it is what I want and meets with my approval, I will buy it if the price is within my ability. 100K+ cars are not in that category. There is what appears to be a magnificent 1967 Hemi GTX for sale at www.RKMotorsCharlotte.com. What do the members think the real value of this car is as opposed to the 150K asking price?

That car is a real stunner! If it were mine and I was trying to sell it, but wasn't in a hurry, I would probably start at 150K because of the potential that there might be that person that would pay that much for a car that well done. It's worth what someone will pay for it and how do you know what someone will pay for it unless you roll across a stage in front of a gavel on tv or offer it up starting high and come down till someone bites. I'll tell you what, I like that `67 vert in there inventory every bit as much!

I think they made only 6 GTX Hemi ragtops in 1967 So it is beyond rare. if it is al original thats probley a fare price That I cant afford

I would check closely to make sure it is what is advertised..Galen Govier should have this car on his list if it is what they claim...If it is one of 6 why put a 5 speed in the car,vintage air,upgraded brakes and rearend, and have the value go down...Something ain,t right...
Petty Blue 67 gtx

Last edited:
if one checks again there were 17 hemi ragetops built in 67. 7 of one trans and 10 of the other. only 10 are known to exist. i happen to own one of the autos but it is in sad shape. to my knowledge it is one of the unknowns.

First of all, when you are asking for help opinions about a particual car it is best to link the actual car not just the sellers web site.

People here it seems are speaking of two or more cars and you are referring to one with an asking price of $150K.

When I go to the linked site I get the home page NOT the subject car. When I click on there inventory it appears the cars for sale are listed in descending model year order and when i get to 1967 I only see one 1967 GTX and it is this one:

http://www.rkmotorscharlotte.com/inventory/1967-Plymouth-Belvedere-GTX/132408

See how easy it is to eliminate the confusion. LOL

I would check closely to make sure it is what is advertised..Galen Govier should have this car on his list if it is what they claim...If it is one of 6 why put a 5 speed in the car,vintage air,upgraded brakes and rearend, and have the value go down...Something ain,t right...
Petty Blue 67 gtx

I apologize for the confusion. I am a purist and it is not the 67 convertible I am interested in, it is the white 67 2DR HT.

http://rkmotorscharlotte.com/sales/inventory/active#!/1967-Plymouth-Belvedere-GTX/133063

A car is only worth what someone will pay for it ... insurance companies included

very nice car. and well done. looks to be very correct. I am no 67 ply expert! but looks right and well restored. it is a lot of money and it's a lot of car W/ the docs. to prove the quality. good luck!

A car that commands that kind of price better be put together with mostly NOS parts - and that includes date correct air in the tires. Sure the stuff can be rechromed or reanodized and look great, but you will loose all the factory tooling marks.

A car that commands that kind of price better be put together with mostly NOS parts - and that includes date correct air in the tires. Sure the stuff can be rechromed or reanodized and look great, but you will loose all the factory tooling marks.

That one was at Carlilse about two years ago and it had a repro gas cap that looked so very wrong. We were laughing because you can spot a repro one from a mile away.

Since then, BE&A has come out with a very correct looking one. Not sure if it's been changed.

For me, they are still way too much dough, I'll keep to 440s.

The seller claims he has sold the car twice, Once for 150K and again for 140k. When I asked why the buyers sold it back to him, the answer was they said it was too nice to drive. All the folks I know with big dollarr collections told me that car is worth nothing close to 150K, but 95-100K. The seller will trade me my 63 Max Wedge and 70 GTO Judge for the car. Those two cars together are worth more than 150K. The more I thought about that, the more it was nuts. My Max Wedge alone is worth as much or more than a 67 Hemi GTX, IMHO. I know that there were only 127 67 Hemi GTX cars built, but my Max Wedge is 1 of 96 and it is a real from the dealer race car. The GTX is a mild street car in comparison. Don't get me wrong, I love that GTX and it is an awesome restoration, but not for that much money. The cars from that seller are awesome, but I think that price today is unrealistic.

I have been drooling over these as well for several weeks, but the longer I look the more questions I have.
The white one really stands out but it seems to me it would be worth more if had been unmolested.
I am also a little curious about the claims of a super-stock hemi motor, as the rest of the bits of the car do not match the usual goodies that come with a super stock -
I posted a question about it here:
http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/showthread.php?t=37729

Meanwhile, the black one seemed have been close to a sale recently, one of a few they had on ebay recently, but for some reason the buyer backed out.

They would all be great to drive, but not $100,000 great, because the value would not last long if the car'e were driven.That dealer has really nice looking rides all around - good for day-dreaming.

You are correct IMO about the white GTX. I will agree with you about the dealer. They are great. My current Max Wedge was bought there as was a one of a kind 1970 Chevelle LS6. Both cars are real with very heavy documentation. The last poster is also correct aobut driving these cars, First the Max Wedge is not a street car but beyond that it truly is to nice to drive on the street. It is a show car. As far as prices, I will pay a premium for a car that is special but not in my opinion a price that is 50K more than today's market.

The 67 GTX is a nicely restored car although I purchased a 65 Satellite conv fro Joe Carroll when it was best of show and the car was terrible making them send me money back after threatening a law suit.

I too had recently sold my 67 Hemi GTX unrestored 40K mile untouched car. That one they have was together with mine on the assembly line as we checked the VIN#'s a couple years ago.

Are you Guy's ready.....
This GTX they are selling for $150K has been for sale for year's now. Last winter it was advertised for $99K. When the nice weather arrived, the price went back to $150K. Personally in this market, $99K is more than fair for that car.

The 67 GTX is a nicely restored car although I purchased a 65 Satellite conv fro Joe Carroll when it was best of show and the car was terrible making them send me money back after threatening a law suit.

I too had recently sold my 67 Hemi GTX unrestored 40K mile untouched car. That one they have was together with mine on the assembly line as we checked the VIN#'s a couple years ago.

Are you Guy's ready.....
This GTX they are selling for $150K has been for sale for year's now. Last winter it was advertised for $99K. When the nice weather arrived, the price went back to $150K. Personally in this market, $99K is more than fair for that car.

I am sorry for the bad experience you had. I have bought two cars from Joe Carroll, one was sight unseen, the Max Wedge. Both cars were better than shown on the website. Somehow a leaking valve cover on the Max Wedge got through their pre sale inspection. To change that gasket the exhaust manifold has to come off first. I called Joe and he said get it fixed wherever you want and send me the bil. I did and three days later I had a check for the full amount, no questions asked. I will most definitely by another car from Joe and RK Motors. As far as my original post, I tend to go with those that feel the GTX is too much money, but it is a beautiful restoration.

I am sorry for the bad experience you had. I have bought two cars from Joe Carroll, one was sight unseen, the Max Wedge. Both cars were better than shown on the website. Somehow a leaking valve cover on the Max Wedge got through their pre sale inspection. To change that gasket the exhaust manifold has to come off first. I called Joe and he said get it fixed wherever you want and send me the bil. I did and three days later I had a check for the full amount, no questions asked. I will most definitely by another car from Joe and RK Motors. As far as my original post, I tend to go with those that feel the GTX is too much money, but it is a beautiful restoration.

I am happy you have had a possitive expierence with Joe and bought nice Car's however my dealing's were very different. The car I bought was grossly misrepresented with regard's to Body wavy, body work bubbling, no dash gauge's working, sincro's in Tranny no good, Blower Motor no good, and no heat. The car was expensive. After repairing the car with some of his refund, I sold it as it really bothered me and I lost interest in that car. I have several high end Car's and bought some expensive one's over the year's however this situation really bothered me for year's after.

Auto Transport Service
Back