• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 k member swap?

barbee6043

Local time
12:38 AM
Reaction score
I admit I been playing with my A bodies last 10 years or so. miss the big block B body, so I drug home a 67 slant bel 1. AFTER I finish my add on to the car shed/garage in a month or so, I will swap out the slant k for a v8, BUT is the pitman for the 67 B a one year old part like the 67 A body???? thanks guys ( and girls).

Save yourself the time switching K frames, look at schumacher mounts.

I would add 70' K frame from a road runner, as the sway Bar setup is superior. I had Schumacher mounts with a hemi, and was very Dissatisfied.

No, the B body k frame pitman arm bracket is the same from 66-70 as far as I know.

The attachment from a 67 to a 68 is different, though. One year has two ears, the other only one.(I'm referring to the idler arm)

I would add 70' K frame from a road runner, as the sway Bar setup is superior. I had Schumacher mounts with a hemi, and was very Dissatisfied.

Idler arm for 66-7 are the stud style. 68-70 uses the bolt style.

Yup and yup. I'm using a K from a 70 E body for my 66 Belvedere......but probably won't go with a sway bar anyways.

I have a manual steering box and you guys are saying it attaches to the same pitman 66 thru 70, but there is difference in idler? want to change out the K and T bars, no Schumaker.
this will be just a fun cruiser as usual, keeping costs down is important, as I always seem to have several projects in process. changing out the K has always been my route instead of buying the Schumaker mounts.
I will also be in market for decent running B or RB and 727 if anyone has lead on them, in s w Missouri , don't mind travel up to couple hundred mi. if I find this in couple months that's fine too.
thanks for the help/

I have a complete 70' setup ,sway bar and all If Interested. PM me

like said above the 66-67 idler is a tapered joint that only goes into one tab. The 68 up are two tabs and bolt through....a little more robust if you plan to do any cornering. The other benefit of the 68 up is that PST offers the longer idler and pitman to get a little more rapid of a steering ratio

Auto Transport Service
Back