• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 R/T Stripe

69L48Z27

Local time
2:07 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone have good pictures of survivor or a car that is 'right'? Looking to see where the pinstripe on the car lands and how it terminates on both ends.

TIA!

1967 Coronet did not come with an R/T stripe. There are however, several examples of that particular abomination on line. Google it.:D The 67 Coronet R/T did get a rocker panel stripe added by the dealer.

Last edited:
I think he is asking about the pin stripe at the belt line.

Or, I think some 67 R/T models came with a rocker panel area stripe - sort of like the Mustang GTs back then. I suspect one or the other is what he's seeking info on.

Here is a real live car. Not sure if the stripes are true to the car but check it out. https://www.cars-on-line.com/87264.html

Here are some pinstripes.
1967-dodge-coronet-rt-woman-tcb.jpg

https://tommyscarblog.com/2013/11/07/1967-dodge-coronet-rt/#more-1163

1967-dodge-coronet-rt.jpg
The new R/T was available as a hardtop coupe or a convertible for those willing to whip out a little extra dough. The Coronet R/T featured Charger-inspired grille work, nonfunctional hood scoops, and louvered taillamps. R/T badging is prominently displayed on the grille, rear quarters, and tail
1967-dodge-coronet-rt-wheel.jpg
section. Chrome bumpers and mirrors along with brightwork on the window trim, rocker panels, and wheel wells add a little extra flair to this pavement pounder. A lower-body paint stripe was also available as a dealer option for drivers wanting some extra styling cues

These are the only two examples I could find. I have never personally seen one in the flesh with a rocker stripe applied. Some how I doubt that they were a popular item.

1967-dodge-coronet-rt.jpg
400d38c902470eabb42e2257ce30ea14.jpg
It appears to be about 2 inches above the rocker trim and terminates at the wheel well chrome trim about a 1/8th of an inch off both edges in line with the trim curve.

Last edited:
I'm looking for the pinstripe at the upper body line, it did come from the factory that way. I'm not looking for the rocker stripe, I should have been clearer on that.

Yes, lots of photos on the internet but I'm looking for up close pictures of how the stripe terminates on cars thought to be correct or survivor. Also looking for size of the stripe or width. I think its 1/4" > 1/8" space > 1/8" lower pin stripe. Press photos and ads did not always make it to production.

The car in post #4 is on my wall, but I don't think I've seen a car with lower pin stripe.

Thanks again.

Like you said, there are past posts from 2015 and 2017 on this subject with a few who say they took delivery of new R/T's in 67 and they had the same two pinstripes you mentioned in two widths. The above ad says one single stripe. I guess I would trust eyeballs over an ad. The different colors of stripes I have seen advertised before. Black white red or blue. Found this Mecum auction of an R/T and you can see the stripes pretty good in the pics.
https://www.mecum.com/lots/DA0913-165393/1967-dodge-coronet-rt/

these stripes are in the wrong location.
Like you said, there are past posts from 2015 and 2017 on this subject with a few who say they took delivery of new R/T's in 67 and they had the same two pinstripes you mentioned in two widths. The above ad says one single stripe. I guess I would trust eyeballs over an ad. The different colors of stripes I have seen advertised before. Black white red or blue. Found this Mecum auction of an R/T and you can see the stripes pretty good in the pics.
https://www.mecum.com/lots/DA0913-165393/1967-dodge-coronet-rt/

Thx. I did see those but you can't quite zoom in far enough to see if the stripes finish together or ones shorter than the other.

Did that green one from Mecum have a pinstripe? Hard to see, I guess its black.

these stripes are in the wrong location.
Can offer a photo or ad or your own car/s to substantiate your statement? I believe your correct. I see more with the stripe lower down and not going vertical at the front of the fender nose.

Thx. I did see those but you can't quite zoom in far enough to see if the stripes finish together or ones shorter than the other.

Did that green one from Mecum have a pinstripe? Hard to see, I guess its black.
Yes but as the post below says, I thin k it's not an original stripe. it's in the wrong location on the sheet metal.

If it were me, and I really wanted to know, I would call up Graveyard Cars Mark Worman and just ask him. I'm sure he knows. And would be glad to prove it knowing him..lol.
# 518-593-9519

858A36CA-52D4-41A5-930E-6DF0C923FC27.jpeg
I saw this one at a car show locally first one I’ve seen with top and bottom pinstripes. Took the pic to recreate for my R/T, although mine only had the upper stripes. 02CF0ED4-0F1B-4948-87BF-EE4312716CF2.png 0D04BDAE-1A34-4304-98DC-69DE10F30B0A.png

If it were me, and I really wanted to know, I would call up Graveyard Cars Mark Worman and just ask him. I'm sure he knows. And would be glad to prove it knowing him..lol.
# 518-593-9519
I'm not sure who the 67 experts are but I don't think it would be him unless they have one around. I know of the show he makes fun of Royal's 67 R/T. Maybe Tony in DE might have a source.

Auto Transport Service
Back