• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 R/T Wheels and Covers

69L48Z27

Local time
5:42 PM
Reaction score
I'm doing some research on what a 67 R/T could have possibly have had from day 1.

I can't figure out if an R/T could have had hubcaps or the 10" dog dish.

I found an old dealer brochure, here's what is says:
- Coronet Base - Stainless Hubcap (Coronet 500 deluxe wheel cover standard), I assume this is the 10" 'dog dish' with color coded wheel?
- 'Additional for R/T' section - No mention of wheel
- Options - Appearance - Mentions Deluxe Wheel Covers (Coronet 500 standard), Mag Wheel Covers, and then Chrome Road Wheels which is what most of us call Magnum 500.

Does this mean that the 10" dog dish with color coded wheel was standard and then you had three options for 'wheels' - Deluxe or Mag Wheel Cover or Chrome Road Wheel?

Do I understand this correctly?
upload_2022-1-7_14-32-47.png

Those are what I believe are the correct ones for 67 with color coded wheels if no wheel or cover option was selected on base and 440 Coronet.

Trying to confirm if those are the base wheel cover or hubcap for an R/T, or is some other wheel cover was standard.

Wow, it sure does show those dog dishes...and on a convertible even.

I was pretty sure upscale models like Charger, 500 and R/T would have had a less "economy" cover as standard.

Back in the day, if someone ordered a car and knew they were going to mount aftermarket rims, they went with the standard rims and the small "dog dish" caps because they were included in the price of the car. When I bought my '67 R/T, it came with a set of the optional Mag Wheel covers. One of the covers had one of the decorative die cast "wheel nuts" twisted off. Apparently some one had a flat tire, and did not realize these were just covers.

If you don’t choose any option wheel covers you get body color wheels with these caps. This is the only way to get body color wheels. Any full wheel cover gets black wheels.

R/T and GTX don’t get full wheel covers as standard equipment but the Coronet 500 and Satellite do.

View attachment 1220112 01390845-2252-40F7-B354-634080A9AAFC.png

if you want to go with 15" police car slotted wheels body color and slotted aluminum caps , they look real good, 7 inches wide, but you will have to get 15 inch tires,

Optional Deluxe wheel covers. They are for sale in the wheel section.

Mighty Dodge_0002 _01.JPG

I know the brother of the original owner of my 67 R/T. We were talking a few years ago, and I asked him what came on the car new. He said it was the full wheel cover as in Post#11 above. His brother wanted Magnum 500s, but bought them from a local distributor cheaper than what Chrysler charged for them. So my car got "aftermarket" magnums when it was brand new. But it came from Mopar with the full covers.

Here is a photo of my R/T from the original owners daughter

613EC9E8-85EC-4247-9D8C-24BBEA69B3FF.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back