• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 Satellite (Driver)

Chris Gleason

Local time
9:05 AM
Reaction score
I have not posted anything for a while and wanted to share my project, good and bad. I found this Satellite on Craigslist last May and could not pass up a car that had all paint and body work completed even though it was an empty shell. (DISCLAIMER) This is not a restoration but building it to drive every day.

purchase 1.jpg purchase 2.jpg

This did not have the data plate on the inside fender but VIN says it's a 318 car with a console torqueflite and a 3.23 sure-grip. Best I can tell it was a gold color with black interior. Not a fan of black interiors so I will be changing that to red. One of the old tires gave out so it was a good opportunity to clean and repaint one of the 15x6 wheels and put new rubber on it, this will eventually become the spare.

primer interior.jpg paint interior.jpg rear seat panel.jpg spare.jpg

Next step is to replace the headliner, by the way my fist one. I ordered the red headliner from Legendary and started by gluing in the insulation and then the headliner. My first attempt I used the brush on glue,
this stuff was a huge disappointment as it just wound not hold even after letting it dry overnight. Next day I pulled down the edges and started over with the 3M trim spray (WAY BETTER!) lots of clamps and lots of patience but finally got it looking good. I ordered sound matt from Summit and laid that in as well.

padding.jpg padding  2.jpg headliner 1.jpg headliner 2.jpg sound mat.jpg package shelf.jpg

Ordered new carpet, seat covers and seat foam from Classic Industries. Carpet install was a no brainer but seat covers was more of a challenge but overall satisfied with the outcome. Got the seatbelts from Seatbelt Planet, could not find dark red belts so it is what is. Side note the rear seat did not have a build sheet but did have a tag that the seats were built in Compton, California.

rear seat before.jpg rear seat tag.jpg carpet.jpg seat covers.jpg front seat bottom.jpg frt seat back.jpg belts.jpg rear seat after.jpg front seats 1.jpg front and back.jpg

My Satellite had red metallic seats as well.
I still need to do the rear seat.
Nice job! Looks great.

Auto Transport Service
Back