• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 1968-1970 Charger RT project

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasRoadRunner68

Local time
3:03 AM
Reaction score
Let me know if you have an RT project for sale or know of one for sale! Debating selling another toy to fund a purchase. Interested in a mostly complete 68-70 RT…with preference given to 4 speed dana cars of course…but not a deal breaker either way. I know the market is wild on these, I’d just be curious to see what is out there.

For God's sake don't make it original white...:eek:

I’m curious about the quality of the metal work on the car…and how much filler it has. It might be great, but I do notice the valance corners are filled along the seams with filler.

I’m curious about the quality of the metal work on the car…and how much filler it has. It might be great, but I do notice the valance corners are filled along the seams with filler.

You're not going to want to hear this but to be sure if you're going to spend $$$ it's going to have to be stripped. I bought an R/T SE in primer and it was stripped before anything was done. I wouldn't want to put a lot of money in to something that starts out at $30K only to find out later that the metal work sucks and is full of mud. But it's your nickel.

Hence the concern.
You're not going to want to hear this but to be sure if you're going to spend $$$ it's going to have to be stripped. I bought an R/T SE in primer and it was stripped before anything was done. I wouldn't want to put a lot of money in to something that starts out at $30K only to find out later that the metal work sucks and is full of mud. But it's your nickel.

A mopar guru once said that you can judge the build of a charger by the fitment of the rear valance corners. The lack of the factory seams is a bit of a red flag. Primer can hide a lot of evils beneath.

Hence the concern.

A mopar guru once said that you can judge the build of a charger by the fitment of the rear valance corners. The lack of the factory seams is a bit of a red flag. Primer can hide a lot of evils beneath.

It wasn't a deal killer for me since I had the car done despite the primer. I noticed that about the valance as well and the guide coat. I'm curious about why they aren't finishing it. I didn't look to see if it's a #'s car. I'll bet it will be gone pretty quick. Are you good with sheet metal? You could just do the valance over again.
I also sent someone to inspect the car I bought before I paid for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back