• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Charger 6.1, AlterKtion,545RFE trans etc

What Interior??

• Total voters

skigoose

Local time
10:48 PM
Reaction score
Bought a BONDO bucket, was supposed to be a rust free car.... so I have made the decision to go all the way with it... 6.1 Hemi, 545RFE trans, TTI exhaust,custom aluminum tank, subframe connectors, RMS AlterKtion front supension, 3.73 newly built rear, Hotchkis rear leafs w/QA1 shocks, Vintage Air, AAW wires, NEW FLOORS, QTRS, TRUNK PAN, Smoothed Firewall...etc...

I call it INCEPTION because it is a Dream inside of a Nightmare...

Attachments

• iphone 110 (1024x768).jpg
    iphone 110 (1024x768).jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 3,487
  • iphone 193 (1024x768).jpg
    iphone 193 (1024x768).jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 2,785
  • 2011-06-14 17.15.20.jpg
    2011-06-14 17.15.20.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 4,136
  • 2011-10-18 14.50.45.jpg
    2011-10-18 14.50.45.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 2,892
  • renderinig with black int.jpg
    renderinig with black int.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 2,635
Looks like it will be a stunning car. I see you are feeling festive with the green seats.:christmas:

Seats are supposed to be black...bad photoshop fix...

To some people "rust free" means- the bondo has already been put in over top of it.

just like "all original", which I just saw in an ad for a car that had new quarters, and new paint in a different color.

I dont see the seats, but I vote for black.

IMO this would look KILLER:

'70 Charger door panels in black with black Viper buckets.
Or a set of 70 Charger high back buckets.

With your theme though, I can easily visualize the viper or a similar buckets in there... the New Challenger seats are nice and comfy too...

Last edited:
To some people "rust free" means- the bondo has already been put in over top of it.

And to others, "rust free" means the rust is included in the price of the vehicle at no additional charge!!!

See? Now THAT'S value added.

New Pics

Here are the latest pics, car has been undercoated, and engine bay is 98% done, now the install begins...2011-12-07 15.32.54.jpg

2011-12-07 15.15.45.jpg

2011-12-07 15.20.05.jpg

2011-12-07 15.16.54.jpg

Holy cow that is some great work at hand. I hope you are more pleased than you hope to be now at the end of your build.

Thanks, it is really turning out awesome, after I have done 6 cars, I think I figured out what "Done Correctly" means, it means the higher price everytime...

Dude, I have a steel hard on after seeing that rendering. I couldn't pee to save my life. Wow. Why not go 6-speed? With the 545rfe trans, I assume that you got that unit from a Ram? Personally, I don't like cruiser muscle cars. I want a street beast and to me rowing your own gears is all part of that. But that's just my opinion. As far as the interior, you can get better hold from Recaros than you will if you go SRT. They are fine to cruise with but if you plan on really driving it then Recaro would be your best bet.

THanks for the input, the trans was the subject of much debate, but when it came down to it with is going to be more of a cruiser than something on the track, also my Dad and I are planning on doing a rt66 type cruise in it when it is finished. it should be all together and ready to go to paint in a week. I CAN't WAIT..

I love your firewall. You are the only other person I have seen who removed the complete firewall. I did mne they same way.

100_0642.jpg

Wow!!, inner fender too, looks like you are gonna take this down the 1/4 mile...?

It is more of a show car. It has air power windows, flaming river tilt wheel. This picture is from 2 years ago. I am blocking for paint now. All of my pictures are on Photobucket (Bakaruda).

Bakaruda
Went to Photbucket, but it said no such search found... ??

Auto Transport Service
Back