• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Charger Grille hardware

Code10

Local time
1:44 PM
Reaction score
New to the form and plan to do a proper introduction soon but I recently picked up a 1968 Charger and the grille needs to be replaced. I picked up a new one from classic industries but when I look at the hardware options the offer I can spend several hundred on just bolts and fasteners. My question is if there is any of the hardware offered you would recomend replacing as standard practice. It's a California car so no rust to speak of but it doesn't look like the grille has ever been apart and the headlights seem to function properly. I'm sure I will run into something when I yank it out but if there are common pieces you would recomend having on hand I would love to know so I can try to get back on the road ASAP.

Thanks for the help.

Reuse as much of the original hardware as you possibly can. I know as of a few years ago the plastic grills spacers do not even resemble the original ones. I don’t know if they make correct reproductions or not.

Auto Transport Service
Back