• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Charger red interior

mpd659

Local time
2:42 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone have photos of original red seat covers with the maroon pleats for a 68 Charger? I ordered new seat covers and I don’t think they look right. My original covers were not in the car when I bought it. My original door panels on the top and middle are a blood red and maroon on the bottom The new covers look nothing like the door panels, but the kick original kick panels look close to the new seat covers.

0A134DB2-1B39-4050-9D98-8A6E8BD81EA5.jpeg

Here’s a photo I found on the internet. The seat covers look darker red than my new covers. I think this photo looks correct

Thanks

Russ

F28CFE0E-35FA-46D3-8C0F-053E7968A8A5.jpeg

Last edited:
Hello Russ, I'm working on a 68 Charger with metallic red interior and I'm finding the same challenges. When you look at the dash components, door panels, seat covers, etc everything is a different color. What did you come up with as a final decision on paints colors for everything? The best picture I can find on the internet of a 68 Charger is the pic from Classic Industries and it looks like the seats are two-tone, which looks good, but I don't think they came that way. This picture might be photoshopped.

classicINredinterior.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a Charger that sold at Barrett Jackson. I think this interior is closer to reality for metallic red in 68. Look at the steering column.

66337_Interior_Web.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back