• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Coronet 440-383 727

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireman5980

Local time
12:56 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
Selling my 1968 Dodge Coronet 440!!!!!
Super strong 383 BB Bore .030 over
906 Iron heads
Dual valve springs
Edelbrock Intake
1 7/8 long tubes
Flowmaster w/3in h-pipe
MSD Ignition
Purple cam
Trans Cooler on a 727TF w/beefed casing
Summit radiator and flex fan
Cheetah shift kit w/3500 stall
355 posi sure grip
American Racing TT2 15x7 and 15x8
BFG Radial TA 215 fronts 275 rear
Disc Brakes
six point cage w/4pt harness
custom painted aluminum dash w/autometer gauges
Car is used as a daily driver and it runs VERY STRONG!!!!
Looking to get into a tamer small block car to save a little gas.
Body is super strait practically rust free. small amount of rust on very bottom
of rear quarters, but nothing crazy. Easy repair. Car is in black primer right now.
Interior needs to be redone but its there. Buckets with slapstick.
Dash is custom painted aluminum w/autometer gauges. Have original raylle gauges to
go with.
Any questions let me know
$8500 located in Alexandria VA

Attachments

• photo 3-1.jpg
    photo 3-1.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 1,155
  • photo-28.JPG
    photo-28.JPG
    194.8 KB · Views: 1,162
  • photo-26.JPG
    photo-26.JPG
    102.2 KB · Views: 1,084
  • photo-22.JPG
    photo-22.JPG
    102.5 KB · Views: 1,129
  • photo-31.JPG
    photo-31.JPG
    130.3 KB · Views: 1,094
  • new10.jpg
    new10.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 1,072
  • photo-27.JPG
    photo-27.JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 1,077
  • photo-30.JPG
    photo-30.JPG
    120.9 KB · Views: 1,077
  • photo-24.JPG
    photo-24.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 1,084
trade for a 1971 Plymouth Scamp, with a 340 and a 727 auto trans, car is very solid with fresh paint, needs a little work but runs and drives great, can send pics and give more info if your interested

Man I would be interested, but I actually am getting a Cuda and need the cash to take care of that. Thanks for the offer though. If the deal doesnt go through though Ill let you know.

Dope car man. Wished I had the bread for it :angry9:

Your a brave man commuting in NoVa with that car. I commuted for a week in a nova that I had a 454 in a few years ago. I was on a half a tank by Tuesday lol. If you live in NoVa...i'd get a 4 banger to commute with.

Cheers

Joe

yea it definitely drinks the gas. I take it to work every 4th day at the fire department in Annapolis, 3/4 tank there and back just cruising. Its fun though, nothing like cruising old muscle.

Ahhh..the good ole annapolis run. Have had plenty of speed contests on US50 before lol.

If your looking for a quick sale, you could try spreading the word at some of the local speedshops or hot rod shops. I know in Loudoun county where I live Sterling Hot Rods runs a continous ad on craigslist looking for classic cars and/or projects. Dont know if they low ball people or not but it's worth a shot.

Eitherway...good luck with the sale man. If possible, i'd try and hold on until tax return time when peoples pockets are flush again.

Yeah no!!!! Shes paid in full. For some reason they keep turning upside down on everything but on the computer they are saved right side who knows

Trades

Open for muscle car or old hot rod trades. Trades need to be solid enough for at least 200miles a week driving. Thanks

here are the pics of the Scamp, that you requested. please let me know what you think?

Attachments

• IMG_3292 (Small).JPG
    IMG_3292 (Small).JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 888
  • IMG_3083 (Small).JPG
    IMG_3083 (Small).JPG
    65 KB · Views: 889
  • IMG_3295 (Small).JPG
    IMG_3295 (Small).JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 954
  • IMG_3298 (Small).JPG
    IMG_3298 (Small).JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 894
  • IMG_3296 (Small).JPG
    IMG_3296 (Small).JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 889
That scamp is the businesssssss Vorstang :hello2:

Hows the sale going Fireman? Saw you had it on local craigslist and ebay. Any promising bites?

I know you said your selling to find something a little *milder* to do the annapolis commute but...Are you just bored of the car and looking for something new? If gas milage is the main concern, just wondering if tune/tailoring the car for gas milage wouldnt be an easier route. I didnt see what type of carb you were running in the description (vacc secondary or double pumper). Those double pumpers, with gears, and a loose converter, can take its effect on highway milage

I'd suggest defining EXACTLY what your looking for in trade (2dr/4dr, SB/BB, mopar/chevy/other). If not, prepare for the refrigerator and a tattoo trade :sign7:lol.

Thanks averagejoesautos,
What im looking for is more of a stock car. Dont mind a few mods.
2dr only, big or small block. Nothing newer than about 73. Not picky on
make or model. Would prefer manual trans, but thats not to important.
Solid body but paint is not important. NEEDS to be a driver though, or VERY
close to one. Interior is not a big deal, just needs to be there for the most part.

Sounds like your kind of looking for a cruiser. They are definetly out there in abundance as most dudes are lookin for street rods. This isnt to try to sell you on the idea...but mearly tell you my experinces and what I think may suite you best.

My daily knock around car for the last 2 years has been a 67 Chevelle / Malibu four door with a Straight six 250 motor and 3 speed manual [floor mounted shifter]. While I love SBC's and BBC's...I bought this car with the specific intent of it NOT BEING HOT RODDED lol. I wanted a car where i could ride with friends and be comfy [without climbing over roll bars or lifting forward seats]. Between the straight six, two barrell carb, manual trans, and 2.73 gears...the thing sips gas like a 4 banger :headbang:

Granted...off the line it leaves a little to be desired... (as I got dusted by a kia soul once ahahahhaa :violent-smiley-100:)...I dont have the leaks, breaks, and gas bill of a street rod...which is what you want if you plan on driving it A LOT and for long distances.

There are plenty of guys out there that WANT a dragster that has tags and would trade you a VERY NICEEEE sedan or pickup with a stock V8 or straigh six for your "dragster with tags" lol. They get to do burn outs and post on youtube...you get a cool looking classic that you can drive everywhere...win win

Seek out some of the Local boys on Craigslist and look for cruiser. I myself an lookin for 54-56 Chevy Stepside pickup [If your into pickups]. The 283 is a good economical SBC and straigh six versions are almost bulletproof. I saw a nice one all painted up, interior done, and nice rims for 5 grand a few weeks ago. No body wanted it because it had a straigh six.

Here's a pic of my malibu...driver quality clean lil 4 door :D

IMG00069-20110723-0817.jpg

Trades

Ok Im going to get a little more specific with my trades. Im interested more in these specific types of cars right now.
1967-74 Barracuda, 1967-71 camaro, 1964-71 chevelle, 1962-64 savoy, 1964-67 belvedere, 2 door only, running and driving. Thanks and its still up for $7500 as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back