• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Coronet 440 value??

N501man

Local time
4:12 AM
Reaction score
I’m looking at a clean driver 68 coronet 440. It had a 318/904 and now has a 440/727. The good is it’s got some engine and suspension upgrades and a clean interior. The bad is some rust in the rear quarters and trunk deck lid, but overall the body is in good shape. The sellers asking 26k does that seem a little high??

243FA32B-D77B-4C37-B3F1-0B50A22C988B.jpeg A77376A6-B6F1-4061-A40A-AC0D46A6374E.jpeg A1262065-BE08-4EE0-B0CE-7BD53ABD04A6.jpeg 61DD11EF-5FE5-46DD-80A9-A65C3A255C05.jpeg DCBFA07C-4347-4941-9D7F-E3EEAD073C35.jpeg A0BB0C50-F58B-4726-B103-E93B6919A017.jpeg

I am thinking mid teens, pretty hard to find a turn key 68 these days for 10k

Certainly looks like a workable car. If the undercarriage and trunk floor is clean and solid, I'm going to say $15-$18K depending on how well it runs and drives. Looks like it's got a/c, which would be a plus. Based on the b pillar trim, it must have had a vinyl top originally. Check at the base of the rear window and around the base of the windshield for rust. Sometimes it's hiding there. Both spots are tough to fix.

If it was something I really wanted 16-17K. As it sits and my level of want 13-14K. Ofcourse just my opinion.

The car has AC and does not look hacked by the pictures. I think very low 20s would be a fair price if it is mechanically good and runs, drives, and stops to your satisfaction.

By the photos it's a lil' rough for the asking price of $26k
mid-teens $15k-ish give or take, if it runs well,
maybe a lil' more if it runs & drives really well

It's more org. a base level Coronet,
But I do like the 68's, in almost all 2 dr B-bodies

almost nothing out there cheap anymore
depends on the quality of parts
& the how well the work was done
would be a huge deciding factor

photos don't really do some cars justice

If it was something I really wanted 16-17K. As it sits and my level of want 13-14K. Ofcourse just my opinion.

^^^^ Absolutely, positively, 100% agree with Jerry's opinion above. ^^^^

But then, the opinions of a couple of 60somethin yr olds compared to a young 22 yr old will most likely be entirely different! :drinks:

I might add........my "want level" is quite a bit lower than Jerry's. :)

Last edited:
I agree with Jerry. Asking price is at least double what I would give for it. Remember that a 440 model will never bring the same money as a Bee or R/T.

Its pretty beat. No frills family 318 car.

The only thing it's got going for it is the A/C. If it works correctly. The big bad is the rust in the deck lid. Price a good one before you decide. Again just my opinion.

Personally, I think you'd have much more fun driving around in my old and your new 66 belvedere!

On a serious note...26 seems quite high to me but everything is high right now.

I'm with the mid teens bunch.
Yes I know it's a 68 but still a project car as it sets. If you hunting a fun driver JMHO but,
Right now best bang for you mopar buck is the 65 - 67 B bodies in the non R/T or GTX models. But not everyone likes them as the 68 and up models.

^^^^ Absolutely, positively, 100% agree with Jerry's opinion above. ^^^^

But then, the opinions of a couple of 60somethin yr olds compared to a young 22 yr old will most likely be entirely different! :drinks:

I might add........my "want level" is quite a bit lower than Jerry's. :)
Well my first thought was close to y’all’s with being around high teens for it. But I’m no expert my any means of what the value of these cars should be. It seems mechanically sound from the video and it’s got about 3,000 miles on the drivetrain.

If anyone is thinking of or selling their car I’m all ears.
I'd highly suggest you Do
'start a WTB (wanted to buy) thread'
in the appropriate MoPar Marketplace forum section here

people browse them constantly

Mid teens, I think that's a bit low...go find another one and get it to where that one is now and see where you end up! Does the owner have any paperwork/receipts of the work that has been done to date? A reliable driver that's not pissing out all of its fluids, doesn't over heat, runs/stops when it's supposed to is worth more than mid teens! Yet people will pay $30k for a rust bucket, not running 2nd gen charger in a heartbeat.....so funny

Auto Transport Service
Back