• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Coronet Convertible spare tire, jack and tire iron mounting instruction

SCNolin

Local time
9:28 AM
Reaction score
Good Morning, Does anyone have pictures on how to mount the spare tire, jack and tire iron inside the convertible trunk floor on the pass. side. I have the bracket on the floor and now have the J-bolt and nut but I cannot tell how to place the jack and tire iron under the tire. The spare tire instruction sheet is very vague and I think I am missing one more bracket or hold down for the jack. any help and pictures is appreciated!

Screen Shot 2021-02-19 at 8.46.51 AM.png

It's just the tire... The jack, hook & lug wrench are trapped under the tire, the jack foot is on top of the wheels secured with the wing nut..

It's just the tire... The jack, hook & lug wrench are trapped under the tire, the jack foot is on top of the wheels secured with the wing nut..
Thanks but I am a little confised. the trunk sticker shows two wing nuts? one obviously on top but a second one below the tire I can't make out?

Good question, never really noticed the second wing nut.. I'm gonna guess and say the jack hook is wingnutted down first so it can't rattle....

Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 5.36.55 PM.png

Auto Transport Service
Back