• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Coronet Front Fender

JimKueneman

Local time
12:10 PM
Reaction score
Restoring a '68 Coronet 500. I realized yesterday that the left fender has been replaced through a few clues (no under coating and a big part number stenciled on the inner surface). Next I realized that the left side did not have a Pentastar Medallion on it and the rocker moulding clip is different. The right side (assumed original) has the Medallion and a metal clip that works similar to the plastic clips, the moulding is more of spreads open and snaps down on it. The left side is a solid metal clip and you have to start the moulding at the end and slide it down the clip and more like this:

http://www.classicindustries.com/product/mopar/b-body-coronet/parts/mn1441.html

A couple questions. Is the Pentastar Medallion stock on this car and are the moulding clips now updated to the style that I can buy and is on the new fender (it appears to be a 1972 repair based on the grease pen marking on the back side of the front bumper)

Jim

Last edited:
I don't remember the pentastar medallion being on the left side I know that it's on the right side. I had the same car back In the late 90's. My 68 Plymouth doesn't have it on the left side. I have extra left and right side fenders for a 68 coronet if you are interested.

I don't remember the pentastar medallion being on the left side I know that it's on the right side. I had the same car back In the late 90's. My 68 Plymouth doesn't have it on the left side. I have extra left and right side fenders for a 68 coronet if you are interested.

Thanks but mine are in fine shape.
Jim

The Penstar was never installed on the left side. It was only on the right side. Why?
That was the sidewalk side of the car and Chrysler wanted people to know it was a Mopar. They were too cheap I guess to put one on the left. A little nostaglia for you.

Auto Transport Service
Back