• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Coronet Left Fender Splash Shield

JimKueneman

Local time
11:40 PM
Reaction score
I am looking for the metal splash shield and attachment bolts that fits in the drivers side inner fender. It a small plate about 4"x8" that fits in the upper front of the fender and keeps junk from accumulating on top of the headlight housings. if you have one that you are will to part with please let me know. Thanks.

Think that Classic Industries has them for sale if u can't find used.

Is this a bolt on part or is it spot welded on from the factory? I parted out a 68 Coronet recently and I noticed that there is the rear splash guard, the access cover plate on the inner fender well and the lower splash pan between the rad support and front bumper. I don't know about any other splash shields unless it's welded on.

Thanks

I
Is this a bolt on part or is it spot welded on from the factory? I parted out a 68 Coronet recently and I noticed that there is the rear splash guard, the access cover plate on the inner fender well and the lower splash pan between the rad support and front bumper. I don't know about any other splash shields unless it's welded on.

Thanks
it is bolted with two bolts (at least on the right side). The car had a new fender on the left side from an apparent ditch incident back in the 70s or 80s. The right one is about 3"x4".

image.jpeg

Thanks

More details. Right side

Okay thanks, I might have that but I cannot get to it until I return to town Sept 13th. I'll look in here to see if you still need it at that time and take a look at what I have.

I'm pretty sure that they're on there, I didn't know that they were bolt-ons. Probably hidden by the factory under coating.

Thanks.

Jim, got out my serv.manual. They called it a headlight splash shield. My bad. No other info for ya,sorry.Jeff

Okay thanks, I might have that but I cannot get to it until I return to town Sept 13th. I'll look in here to see if you still need it at that time and take a look at what I have.

I'm pretty sure that they're on there, I didn't know that they were bolt-ons. Probably hidden by the factory under coating.

Thanks.

That would be great. Thanks,

Did I get the latch from you too :) And yes I am.

Can I just buy the 68 for parts!

Yes I did sell you the hood latch lol. I will remove the shield, take pics and send them to you.

As far as buying the 68 Coronet there's plenty of parts left lol.

Yes. Just removed it today. She's a beauty.

Figures, already spent a month shaping metal and filler before painting it.... Oh well.... saved me a ton of $$$$.. You know how much you can get for that right :)

If you have a bolt that connects the flywheel to the torque converter I would take it too.... don't ask I just stopped kicking myself in the a$$ and don't want to start again...

Figures, already spent a month shaping metal and filler before painting it.... Oh well.... saved me a ton of $$$$.. You know how much you can get for that right :)

At first I had an idea of it's worth, then I did some research and let's just say I fell out of my chair after I seen the asking prices lol.

If you have a bolt that connects the flywheel to the torque converter I would take it too.... don't ask I just stopped kicking myself in the a$$ and don't want to start again...

Yes I do and will do. Just one?

Did either of you ever locate the headlight splash shield? I need one for the driver's side. Thanks.

Auto Transport Service
Back