• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Coronet R/T rim size

17WithaCoronetRT

Local time
10:21 PM
Reaction score
my 1968 Coronet RT has magnum 500s, is it correct to have 15" rims in the rear and 14" rims in the front?

okay making sure, i was almost positive it wasn't right because it did indeed come with 14" when decoded, i just wanted to make sure that was wrong, hah, thank you for the help

a new thing on this, my dad knows a guy at work whos owned about 50 mopars in his lifetime and says 15" mags in the rear and 14" mags in the front was some rare options, could this be possible?

No.
As stated the 15" were never available in the styled steel wheels (Magnum is the Ford name for the wheel) They now make them in 15" repo for Mopars.

alright making sure once again, his friend said this after the fact of me seeing these replies so it was double checking

alright making sure once again, his friend said this after the fact of me seeing these replies so it was double checking

The only Mopar CAR that ever had a wheel/tire size difference front/back were the 1970 T/As and AARs and that was only a tire width size difference NOT a wheel diameter size. Do you really think the factory would install something like this that would correctly require two different size spares? Of course you could use either size TEMPORARILY but the Corp. knows that the general population is not all that bright and may think it would be OK to run it like that safely indefinately even though MOST have enough common sense to know better.

wow i didnt even think of that, youre right theyd have to be the same, thank you very much!

Auto Transport Service
Back