• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Coronet RT

Mike Szadaj

Local time
7:29 AM
Reaction score
It seems like every time I post updates on my car I put them in different areas, so I guess I'll start one here and post all updates here from now till it's on the road.
In anticipation of the engine being done soon, I built a stand out of a sawed up pallet I spotted being thrown out.
The engine in the pictures is my buddy's that I am storing in my garage, and which I used to build the stand to.
stand1.jpg
stand2.jpg
stand3.jpg

Last edited:
The 4 spring retaining clips on the bulkhead wiring connector were rusted and broken. I got ahold of 4 clips, made a new gasket, and got it locked in place. For a couple ongoing and upcoming projects (68 GTX ragtop, 69 RR), I used my repop engine wiring harness as a model, and made 2 engine wiring harnesses. Here is one.
wirehar.jpg

The 4 spring retaining clips on the bulkhead wiring connector were rusted and broken. I got ahold of 4 clips, made a new gasket, and got it locked in place. For a couple ongoing and upcoming projects (68 GTX ragtop, 69 RR), I used my repop engine wiring harness as a model, and made 2 engine wiring harnesses. Here is one.View attachment 754184
Looks very nice and clean. Great job!

Great stuff.. DO NOT get out the spray can of glue, like so many do, to install that headliner!

I am stuck working on the headliner because the black hole (aka my house and garage) has swallowed up the 2 small bows that go into the sail panels. I am going to Kentucky next week and will grab 2 more bows off of a parts car there. In the meantime I stretched the liner fore and aft and held it in place with clamps. I think leaving it like that for a couple of weeks will help with some of the wrinkles.

hl4.jpg
hl5.jpg

Replaced differential u-joints. Replaced tranny output seal. Loaded my buddy's 440 up to take it to KY to do a transplant on a 68 GTX.

After going to Kentucky and looking at a few cars down there, there are no small bows in the sail panel area.

Do you have this piece for it ? I saw you were coming to Kentucky

F17F641C-4DE0-41C7-9244-B6A7AED7D9BA.jpeg D10BEAEE-C77F-4B3C-A19E-EAE4EA6C3F62.jpeg

Went and came back from KY. Don't know of any of those trunk lip trims there. In the week since getting back, the weather has not been cooperating yet this Spring for outside work, so progress has been slow. After drilling the fuel sender hole I noticed that the wire was brittle in places, and the insulation cracked near the terminal that attaches to the sender. I made a new wire, now have to snake it through the rear light harness and then insert the male connecter into the plastic connector housing and thread the other end through the trunk floor hole. Instead of the OEM push-on terminal, I will connect my ring terminal end with the small nut and lock washer that were provided with the new fuel pickup/sender. Should be a much more robust connection.

fs1.jpg

When I first read your message, I initially thought you needed one. Now I am wondering if you were asking if I need that piece. So to eliminate any confusion - none in KY - I have one for my car.
Ok, I know they’re hard to find and just wanted it to find a good home.

Weather still not good. Rain in the morning, then high winds in the afternoon. I am running my computer right now using a generator due to the winds. I did manage in between to mount the gas tank.
gt1.jpg
gt2.jpg
gt3.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back