• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD 1968 Dodge Charger Big Block 4BBL 4 Speed Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkraut75

Local time
10:26 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
Rare 1968 383 4bbl Console car. They made 259 4 speed 383 4 barrel cars in 68….and this one is a factory white top, white interior, GG1 racing green, center console car. Taking that into account, this is most likely a true 1 of 1 car. This car needs a total resto, but is way better off than most others. The fender tag is in place, and matches the VIN, radiator support numbers, and trunk gutter numbers as it should. The frame, K member, and torsion bar cross member are in great shape, with only surface rust. The floors are pretty decent, with very small holes in the drivers foot well, and rear foot well areas. These could easily be patched, or small pieces butt welded in. The trunk pan is actually not too bad, with only the rear center section being rusted out. A butt welded patch could be done here, or the whole pan replaced. It will need the typical rear quarters, lower rear valance, and the lower rear corner pieces. The sail panels, and all around the back glass is nice. The rockers are nice. The hood, fenders, doors, and roof are all nice, with minor dings/dents as seen in the pics. The front valance and lower radiator support are nice and solid, but will need work due to a tow truck hook. The roof drip rails got crunched, and will need to be replaced. (Small dents in rood near drip rails, as seen in pics). I have a ton of good used parts for the car including:

· A factory 4 barrel intake

· A factory Carter AVS 4 barrel carb

· Sets of valve covers

· A used 11inch flywheel

· A factory Inland 4 speed shifter with rods (In nice shape and rare)

· A factory center console

· A 1968 date coded 23 spline 833 four speed transmission

· A 10.5in aluminum bell housing

· A factory 11 in cast iron bell housing correct for 68

· A factory 11in bell housing inspection cover

· 4 speed pedal assembly

· Big block power steering pump

· Couple of starters

· Factory set of open chamber big block “906” heads

· Rocker shafts, pushrods, oil pump, water pump housing, pulleys, balancers, and other small parts to complete the included 440 engine.

· One late 67 date coded complete 440 HP short block.

· Nice shape original dash trim/bezels

I am selling the car in hopes that it will get restored to close to its original factory set-up. I want to do a resto-mod, and don’t want to do that to this rare car. I have included lots of pics, and examine them closely for condition reference. I have a clear Montana title in the previous owner’s name. I obviously never titled it. The buyer is responsible for pick-up/shipping, and removing all parts. I will do my best to assist. It rolls and steers for transport. I can drop the motor and trans into the car for transport for a small fee if needed. I would have to go rent a truck and engine hoist. Can email additional pics if strongly interested. Car located near Albany NY. Thanks, Dennis $15,000.00

charger1.jpg charger2.jpg charger3.jpg charger4.jpg charger6.jpg charger7.jpg charger8.jpg charger14.jpg charger10.jpg charger29.jpg

inbox is full,would like to talk to you about the charger. thanks Dave

Is it sold? Please close thread if so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back