• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Dodge Charger R/T Ebay bid at $35.1k **Not Mine**

YoungGun87

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:39 AM
Reaction score
I think this car would easily reach 6 figures if done properly and back to all OEM. Would enjoy following a build thread if anyone has deep pockets and wants to take it on.
Screenshot 2022-08-11 at 16-20-36 1968 Dodge Charger R_T eBay.png

Screenshot 2022-08-11 at 16-16-44 1968 Dodge Charger R_T eBay.pngScreenshot 2022-08-11 at 16-16-40 1968 Dodge Charger R_T eBay.pngScreenshot 2022-08-11 at 16-16-33 1968 Dodge Charger R_T eBay.pngScreenshot 2022-08-11 at 16-17-16 1968 Dodge Charger R_T eBay.pngScreenshot 2022-08-11 at 16-17-09 1968 Dodge Charger R_T eBay.pngScreenshot 2022-08-11 at 16-17-03 1968 Dodge Charger R_T eBay.pngScreenshot 2022-08-11 at 16-16-57 1968 Dodge Charger R_T eBay.pngScreenshot 2022-08-11 at 16-16-51 1968 Dodge Charger R_T eBay.png

Even has documentation of the big trip to Mexico. Nice.

Love the car, but not a fan of the red....a classy car like that with all those options should be painted dark green or maybe a nice medium brown.

Wow, that is one optioned charger. Man, I need to sell a bunch of stuff and have money on hand for deals like this.

Love the car, but not a fan of the red....a classy car like that with all those options should be painted dark green or maybe a nice medium brown.
Being an all original, #'s matching car, I wouldn't know if changing the color to differ from the fender tag would negatively affect the value or not. It'd all have to be stripped and redone of course but that'd be something I probably wouldn't change if it were me, regardless if I liked the color or not.
Wow, that is one optioned charger. Man, I need to sell a bunch of stuff and have money on hand for deals like this.
I'd like to get to a point one day where I could tackle a build like that. Would definitely have to upgrade the tools to do it with too.
I'll take that wagon in the background
They're trying to fund a modern hemi build so he might go for it, never know. You might be able to contact the person listing it for them and see if they'll put you in touch.

I'll take that wagon in the background

Think that's a 69 New Yorker wagon...they are sellling the charger for a 3rd party, I'm pretty sure I know of the guy who's property the charger is on now for the sale, they sell restoration and mopar parts out of Olympia WA....so there is a good chance that the wagon is for sale. I'd message them through E-bay and ask about the wagon.

As mentioned if your interested in the Wagoon it might be worth giving Tom a call...

Rocket Restorations Olympia Washington
PHONE (360) 878-9327
[email protected]

I don’t understand the cruise control being a desirable option. It wasn’t available with the top engines or a 4 speed. And my recollection of a neighbor’s ‘71 Town and Country with the 383 was it didn’t work well in hilly areas like here in Pa. Maybe in Kansas it worked somewhat.

I don’t understand the cruise control being a desirable option. It wasn’t available with the top engines or a 4 speed. And my recollection of a neighbor’s ‘71 Town and Country with the 383 was it didn’t work well in hilly areas like here in Pa. Maybe in Kansas it worked somewhat.
It only works as well as the speedo cables are smooth. Mine worked perfectly, 70 challenger and 71 340 Demon.

It only works as well as the speedo cables are smooth. Mine worked perfectly, 70 challenger and 71 340 Demon.
I remember looking through the options on my ‘70 ‘Cuda and ‘70 Charger, both E87 D21. I bought them in the 80’s. I thought it was great that AC and the Speed Control were NA. If you optioned your car that way new in ‘69 or ‘70 you wouldn’t have wanted that stuff anyway.

Not sure if it's "the most loaded Charger built". There's a guy in Virginia who still owns the 68 Charger RT his dad won in Dodge's "Pick of the pack" sweepstakes. The winner was given the choice of Dart GTS, Coronet RT or Charger RT equipped how they wanted. The current owner of the car remembers his dad checking off every option on the order form. He had to go back and eliminate the Hemi in favor of the 440 because the wife would be driving it and the Hemi option eliminated air conditioning.

Here's an old article on the restored car.

Back in 76 I bought a 70 Challenger R/T with the 440/727 A/C & Cruise... If you set the cruise at 65 then stopped at a stop sign you could hit resume at 30 mph and it would pull in so much throttle it would haze the skinny *** tires that were on the car when I bought it... It also would absolutely maintain 65 MPH going up Hwy 80 over the Sierras which is a steeper longer grade than any grade you'll find in Pennsylvania...

Back in 76 I bought a 70 Challenger R/T with the 440/727 A/C & Cruise... If you set the cruise at 65 then stopped at a stop sign you could hit resume at 30 mph and it would pull in so much throttle it would haze the skinny *** tires that were on the car when I bought it... It also would absolutely maintain 65 MPH going up Hwy 80 over the Sierras which is a steeper longer grade than any grade you'll find in Pennsylvania...
Lol, I used to do the same thing!

I rented an Infinity Q80 that had adaptive cruise control. I set it at 75 and it held it all the way up the North East Extension of the Pa. turnpike. I guess it had a radar in the front because it would slow down for slower traffic ahead. I don’t take my 4.10 geared ‘Cuda on the interstates much or the 3.54 Dana in the Charger. Most of the top high performance muscle cars of that era weren’t available with AC or speed control.

I rented an Infinity Q80 that had adaptive cruise control. I set it at 75 and it held it all the way up the North East Extension of the Pa. turnpike. I guess it had a radar in the front because it would slow down for slower traffic ahead. I don’t take my 4.10 geared ‘Cuda on the interstates much or the 3.54 Dana in the Charger. Most of the top high performance muscle cars of that era weren’t available with AC or speed control.
New tech is impressive, but personally I prefer to drive the car myself... I wind up in new rentals all the time & hate when they do **** I don't need done...

And yes the top performance models didn't offer luxury/comfort as a priority... My Hemi Challenger had 4 gears & 4:10's, not allot more... But honestly it wasn't the best car to jump in & take on a road trip... Which is how I tend to use my cars..

Auto Transport Service
Back