• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Dodge Charger Technical Question.

G-man

Local time
1:26 PM
Reaction score
Hi

Has anyone got the weight of a 1968 Dodge Charger with a 440ci (preferably not a full optioned vehicle) ?

I mean, not what regestration papers say or what some book says, has anybody taken it to a scale, put the car on, weighed it with or without driver to see the "exact" weight of the vehicle?

Would like to know how heavy they are.

If someone has with a 318 car, i can theoretically add the 90-150lbs extra for a 440, upgraded springs etc... as long as I know the weight of the 318 stuff.

Thanks guys

Hi

Has anyone got the weight of a 1968 Dodge Charger with a 440ci (preferably not a full optioned vehicle) ?

I mean, not what regestration papers say or what some book says, has anybody taken it to a scale, put the car on, weighed it with or without driver to see the "exact" weight of the vehicle?

Would like to know how heavy they are.

If someone has with a 318 car, i can theoretically add the 90-150lbs extra for a 440, upgraded springs etc... as long as I know the weight of the 318 stuff.

Thanks guys

You will find the weights will be all over the place by a few 100 lbs. due to different options. Undercoating by itself is probably 50-75 lbs. etc.

You will find the weights will be all over the place by a few 100 lbs. due to different options. Undercoating by itself is probably 50-75 lbs. etc.

If I was to assume 3600lbs (non optioned big block) Would that be about right for 1968?

Then if i go aluminium cylender heads, alloy radiator etc, drop the charger down to 3100lbs.

My 69 Bee with 383 auto N96 aluminum intake and headers weighed 3610 empty. You'll have to gut that Charger to get it to 3100 pounds

Auto Transport Service
Back