• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 1968 Dodge Coronet Trunk Lid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kip Page

Local time
10:01 AM
Reaction score
looking a very nice trunk lid for my 1968 coronet 440 sedan thx

Last edited:
Hard part to find.... Good Luck...

i once sold a rotted out 68 coronet because it had a good trunk lid on it.
the guy tried like hell to buy just the lid,but i made him take the whole shell.
and...i charged him i think 800 bucks...maybe more,i cant recall.
this is a tough piece to find...
if you are on FB,join the mopar Swap Shop and post there,itll be cheaper and a bit more responses.

I've had this one posted on here before. Had it on craigslist multiple times. Never could get a bight, at any price. Seems like when you have one to sell, no one looks, but when you need one, theyre a $1000. If shipping didn't kill it, i'd make you a deal.
https://dayton.craigslist.org/pts/d/dayton-body-parts/7152493830.html

20200702_162303.jpg

Last edited:
Contact via Private Conversation - please your in box is full

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a '69 is it not... no lock tumbler.

Looks like a 68 to me, just can't see the lock due to the angle.. 69 has a flat body line, 68 has a rounded peak...

69 lid shown..

Screen Shot 2020-08-08 at 5.40.17 PM.png

.....Looks like a 68 to me, just can't see the lock due to the angle.. 69 has a flat body line, 68 has a rounded peak.....

Hard to tell by the Craigslist pic. Maybe that's why it's not selling. It would help to show some pics of the lip areas in the ad.

If that's a '68 Coronet deck lid and rust free I'll drive from Akron, Ohio and buy it ASAP. Then I could help the OP by selling it back to him and setup shipping to Cal. Usually people don't like to deal with shipping large body parts, too much hassle. Not me, it widens the buying market if you're willing to do some work.

68 has a lock hole

Last edited:
68 has a lock hole

Yes.

And I now realize that the pic in reply #7 shows that there's no key lock tumbler hole. I went right to the CL link and viewed the pic in the CL ad which is unclear of the key hole area.

69 trunk lids are in less demand.

The lid came with my 68 net. It had rust repair on the back side. I found a better one, out of Colorado, and used it for my restoration.

20200808_204015.jpg

Yes.

And I now realize that the pic in reply #7 shows that there's no key lock tumbler hole. I went right to the CL link and viewed the pic in the CL ad which is unclear of the key hole area.

69 trunk lids are in less demand.

Once again, it's a 68... From the angle of that shot theres no way you'll see the lock hole, the area it is located
Screen Shot 2020-08-08 at 10.43.41 PM.png
cuts back at a pretty significant angle...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back