• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Dodge Super Bee 4 speed car

Status
Not open for further replies.

pgkeating

Local time
10:05 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
1968 Dodge Super Bee- Originally a 383/4 speed car, now with a built 440. Don't have much info on the motor, as PO had lost paperwork. He did find the card for the Crane Cam (641201). Holley double pumper on an Edelbrock Torker 440 manifold. MSD ignition and coil. Headman headers into stock (looking) new(er) exhaust. No H pipe. Just rebuilt the original alternator, new battery and installed new belts. There's also a Be Cool radiator and new hoses.
PO said it was mildly built to put out ~500HP.

Reproduction 15" Magnum 500 wheels. Fronts are 235/60-15, Rear are 275/60-15. I went through the front end completely. Started with new steering box (as old one was leaking), which necessitated a new pitman arm. I also installed new upper/lower ball joints. Upper control arms were rusted, so they were changed out. Did all new poly bushing in front, including the ones on the springs in the rear. Installed Helwig rear sway bar. New front tires. New shocks all around. At that point, we did the front/four wheel alignment. Car corners flat and goes straight down the road.

Black with red bench interior. Interior was all new by PO, with new black carpets. Seats are reupholstered, but not the correct MOPAR pattern. Windows removed during paint & new windshield installed. Fender top directional were never reinstalled, but are inside the car. Stereo in glove box. AM in place. Front seat belts were never put back in after interior work. Rear seat belts are in place with retainers.

Not a show car, but a very respectable driver. Body completely gone through. Paint is good, but not great. Small rust spots on rocker seams (below back edge of doors). BB stripe is lifting at the spine of the trunk lid. Presently has a metal hood/fiberglass Hemi scoop (didn't want to swap hood springs for an all fiberglass set up) set up w/ House of Colors flat black finish. The reason it's on there, is I was starting to do an A12 look. Power Bulge hood just came off and matches the rest of the car. Rear bumper is new, but front would need a re-chrome.

I have a complete inspection report from Carroll Street Auto in Manchester verifying the vehicle condition and VIN number. PO installed the MSD box, in the location where the trim tag was. He tried to find it, but was unable.

First 4 pics show Power Bulge Hood, but another shows the Hemi Scoop/hood on the car now. If I was keeping the car, next "to do" on my list would be to clean up the wiring (done by PO) around the battery and install fender top directional lights.

My previous car was a '68 Dart GTS w/ 340/4 speed. Can't believe the torque difference between the small block and big block. This is a solid car and fun to drive. Correct Dodge Scat Pack sticker in place!! Feel free to ask any questions you have. Kills me to sell, but daughter is off to college in the Fall. Clear title in my possession.

I'm looking for $19K or BRO. Car is North of Boston and can assist with shipping if necessary.

car012.jpg

car009.jpg

car010.jpg

car011.jpg

SuperBee001.jpg

SuperBee002.jpg

SuperBee003.jpg

ttt

No one is interested? Had it out to a car show this weekend.....ran great, lots of compliments.

PK

cool

AWEsome! car but broke as a joke. That's not very funny.:icon_hang:

First I've seen of it, sweet! My '68 R/T was that color combo originally except with white over black interior. Can't wait to get that one on the road!
Best of luck with the sale.

Car is SOLD!!!

Thanks BBO!

Last edited:
Does it have a fender tag?, thanks. Just saw PO was looking for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back